It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2004, 01:54 PM   #1

logical_ditz HB User
scary

We have had three babies die in our family due to SIDS. My mother had a talk with me and having Children since I've been married almost a year. I was told to make sure my doctor gave me a monitor, no matter what. Sleep Apnea runs in my family like wild fire and though no one has looked into it I guess that is just assumed what has caused the babies in my family to die. This is kind of scary... I'm not planning on having children probably for for a year or two, but what if I can't get the doctor to give me a monitor because of something stupid like insurance??? Just curious.... My husband wants to wait until we have money saved up and are finanially stable before we have kids. We both want them desperatly, we just want to be prepared... Should we start saving money for a monitor also????

Old 03-10-2004, 02:03 PM   #2
Inactive

promisez HB User
Re: scary

If you have the same Dr as your mom I'm sure he/she is aware of the high incidences of Sids and apnea and would probably inform any Dr you used as to this, just to cover themselves. Check with her Dr just to be on the safe side, see what they say.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2004, 10:53 AM   #3
Veteran

villagegal68455 HB User
Re: scary

i might be mistaken, but i was told sleep apnea and sids were two different things...when my daughter had a moniter we didn't have to pay for it...don't know if anything has changed...i'm getting one for my next child to make me feel better...
April-may you always dance with the angels above

Closed Thread