It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2004, 06:31 PM   #1

elswick66 HB User
My little angel would be 16 yrs old today.

Hello everyone. Just thought I would share this with you. Today is the birthday of my daughter Tiffany Nicole. If she were alive she would have turned 16 years old. She was born on Oct. 10, 1988 and I lost her to sids Nov. 10, 1988. I would give anything to have her back and I wish I knew how she would look now. She is so very much missed and I cant wait til we meet again in Heaven.

Happy Birthday sweetheart!
hugs and kisses

Old 10-10-2004, 06:40 PM   #2
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User
Re: My little angel would be 16 yrs old today.

Happy Birthday Tiffany. ^i^

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2004, 07:57 AM   #3
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Happy Birthday Tiffany Nicole, my thoughts go out to elswick66 xxx

Last edited by sammieP; 10-11-2004 at 07:58 AM.

Old 10-11-2004, 09:57 AM   #4

elswick66 HB User

Thank you so much for the replies. One thing I hate is knowing that most people forget after so many years about the little angels we lost to sids and their birthdays. My son shocked me yesterday. He is in the army and just turned 19 on the 3rd of October. He has a lot on his mind especially now because he has received orders to leave for Iraq. My son was only 2 1/2 when Tiffany passed away, but he still remembers her very well. I also have another daughter who was 4 at the time. Anyway he came home and told me he went to visit her grave (and complaining because he forgot where it was and drove around for 2 hours looking). It's been 10 yrs or more since he has been there and I didnt bring up the fact that it was her birthday yet. This made me feel so good just to know I am not the only one who remembers her. Of course I am most likely the only one who thinks of her everyday still, but that's ok. My son can't imagine how much that warmed my heart that he did that. I just hope and pray that Jesus will look over my son, keep him safe so he can come back home to us. I can't handle losing another child.

I wish there was a place where we could list the names of our children lost to sids and their birthdates, so that we could post happy birthday wishes. I am sure that there are many who would appreciate it as much as I did and this is a way of keeping their memories alive.

On what would have been Tiffany's first birthday I remember feeling extrememly sad and to make it worse, no one mentioned her name (like she never existed). I went to check the mail and there was a card from the coroner (a very nice man). The card was for Tiffany, a happy birthday wish and to let me know he had not forgotten her!!!!!!!!!!! Some people thought that was morbid, but not me. This was exactly what I needed on that day, for just one other person besides me to be thinking of her. I cried so hard and for so many hours after reading it. I then sent him a letter of thanks and to let him know how much I appreciated that.

If anyone here knows of ways to help keep our childrens memories alive please share.

My other daughter (Ashley) has also helped to keep Tiffany's memory alive. She gave me a grandaughter last year. I got to be in the delivery room with her. It was only after (Rayna) was born did my daughter tell me what her middle name was going to be......it is Nicole after her sister! If fact the little booger is here with me now (20 months old). The day she was born was an emotional rollercoaster for me. Another reason was because I always wanted another little girl and lost 5 more babies from miscarriages. I have Rayna with me here everyday and she is God sent.

I hope I have not put you all to sleep. I have a problem with rambling on sometimes. lol

Thank you again.

Old 10-11-2004, 01:37 PM   #5
Senior Veteran

sammieP HB User

Your story is so touching, i have tears in my eyes thinking about what you may be going through, my parents lost my sister to a tumour when i was ten, it was her 13th birthday and i know they think of her every day just like you think of Tiffany Nicole, dont get me wrong, i think of her as often as i can but for them its constant, birthdays, christmas and my wedding was all hard for them and still is, you never get over loosing a child and you never should.

I send prayeres to you and your son, i hope he comes home safe to his family.

Thinking of you, love, sammie p xxx

Last edited by sammieP; 10-11-2004 at 01:37 PM.

Old 11-06-2004, 10:32 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sarandipity HB User

Elswick,
God, your love for your daughter really touched me. I understand the love a mother has for her daughter, no matter what age! I know you will reunite in heaven, and until then she is probably smiling knowing you love her so much!

I think that's incredible. And your son sounds like a wonderful guy. And you sound like a wonderful woman.

Take care always and God Bless you and your daughter in Heaven!

Hugs,

Sara

Old 11-08-2004, 06:32 PM   #7
Inactive

kerry1 HB User

I'm sorry you lost your little angel. You'll see her again in Heaven, I'm sure of that.

Old 11-29-2004, 07:47 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Angel77 HB User

Hi Elswick....it's your K9 angel droppin in on ya. Haven't visited the other board much lately, or posted, too many questions to deal with. But, I'm glad you are here! I told you that you'd love this board! They're a bunch of great people!

I've got a little surprise for you and will be hollering shortly for you....you'll love it! I promise!

I love you and hope you are doing well! Hang in there, and happy belated birthday to your wee one! Hugs and kisses. Angel

Old 12-03-2004, 09:52 AM   #9
(female)

ethansnanas HB User

I lost a grandbaby. Conner was 10 months old. They don't want to call it sids because of his age, but they don't know why he died. I had 1 grandson Conner born 10/11/02, and 1 grandson Ethan born 10/12/02. My daughters thought it would be cute to give me 2 at once, like twins. Except they were opposites in a lot of ways. Their 2nd birthdays were this year. I think Ethan was my saving grace when we lost Conner. I held on to him so much and still do. He is definantly a nanas boy. I think my daughter still has not really dealt with it. I go thru periods of time where it is not so bad I think about him so many times a day, every day. But lately I have been reliving the day we lost him, being at the hospital, getting to touch and talk to him before they put him in the helicopter. Being in OKC at the hospital, holding him while the respirator breathed for him, his body getting colder even with the warming blanket on him. Not wanting to put his lifeless little body down. The most devistating day of my life. But my grandson Ethan sees pictures of Conner and still gets excited and talks to him. I really believe they were that close. in the hospital at birth they put them together in a bassanet to comfort each other it was so cool. Anyway thanks for letting me share. I am sorry about so much detail. I don't know how to get that part out of my mind.

Old 12-06-2004, 07:49 PM   #10
(female)

dreamer79 HB User

Happy Belated birthday to your dear sweet angel Tiffany Nicole!! hugs!!!!!!!!!!!

~Dreamin of you tonight, till tomorrow and for all of the night~

Old 05-15-2005, 11:20 PM   #11

elswick66 HB User

Thank you all so much for your kind words and birthday wishes. They really touched my heart!

ethansnanas,

I am so sorry for you loss. Share all you want here. This board is for sharing, being able to vent, getting things off our minds and helpiing one another out. I too still have vivid pictures in my mind.

Please read the new message I am about to post. This is something that has really been bothering me.

Old 05-22-2005, 09:33 PM   #12
(female)

babygirl66 HB User

Happy Birthday sweet Angel.

I know im late but it's better then nothing

Old 05-30-2005, 12:00 AM   #13
(female)

CarolT HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by elswick66
Hello everyone. Just thought I would share this with you. Today is the birthday of my daughter Tiffany Nicole. If she were alive she would have turned 16 years old. She was born on Oct. 10, 1988 and I lost her to sids Nov. 10, 1988. I would give anything to have her back and I wish I knew how she would look now. She is so very much missed and I cant wait til we meet again in Heaven.

Happy Birthday sweetheart!
hugs and kisses

Old 06-04-2005, 05:09 AM   #14
(female)

cazzey HB User

I also had tears in my eyes reading that, I cant imagin the love between a mother and a daughter, Especially as i dont have children, But i have lost a sister, but she was in car accident, But it is nice to know someone else in your family feels the missing feeling too, I hope you take care, She will be looking down on you, You have made such a wonderful family, And your son and daughter will be proud to have you as a mum. Take care, and you know where we are. I dont actually know what sids is. I dont think there is much information on it, But please take care of yourself.

Closed Thread