It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2005, 06:52 PM   #1
(female)

amandsu HB User
my daughter

hi there,
My daughter died of sids in 1992 when she was 14 months old. She was lying on her back when she died, and autopsy showed perfectly healthy baby! I found out then that although rare , children have been known to just "die" for no reason up to age 5!
I also found out later that my biological father had another grandchild die of sids. so i also wonder if it is genetic.
It took me about 5 years to fully feel like myself again. It is the worst thing that could ever happen to a person. I had three other children just after and all are healthy and happy but i will forever be overprotective! I know without a shadow of a doubt that i would never survive another loss of a child.
my heart goes out to all other sids parents and i hope they find a cause and cure!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
my 6 yr old daughter has a hard "bony" lump behind her ear............. dogpatch Children's Health 0 04-19-2010 06:57 AM
Allowing Ex in daughter's life when he refuses to help GrayCourt Relationship Health 3 04-01-2010 03:31 PM
Ex's relationship with ex's 4 year old daughter. I don't know how to feel. Jul1980 Relationship Health 9 08-26-2009 01:18 PM
Addprogrammer....Some News About My Daughter!! goody2shuz ADD / ADHD 1 09-12-2007 05:35 AM
My daughter will drive me over the edge.... liz49 Family & Friends of the Mentally Ill 55 07-04-2007 11:18 PM