It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2005, 11:49 AM   #1
(female)

LYNN9731 HB User
Movement & Breathing Sensors

I'm 42 years old and having my first and only baby in July. I recently
posted on the pregnancy board about movement and breathing sensors but I didn't get any responses. I was wondering if anyone here has used these sensors in the babies crib. Do they work? How reliable are they? I've read on-line that if the baby stops moving for 20 mins. an alarm with sound.

Thanks - Lynn

Old 04-11-2005, 09:51 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

CarrieAnnsMom HB User
Re: Movement & Breathing Sensors

Hi Lyn,
Congrats on your new baby, I suggest checking our the American Pedicatrics Associations website. They have great information on all that stuff. I know I have talked to many Moms who have used those sensors and they did say they work and made the a little more at ease. Just remember there are some things we have no control over so try and enjoy your new baby! Good luck!

Carrie Anns Mom
Jaci

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2005, 07:01 PM   #3

ugadawg HB User

I used the Angel Care Breathing monitor with my son, and I loved it. SIDS is not preventable, but it was peace of mind for me to have it there. The pad goes under the mattress and if he stopped breathing for 20 seconds (which never happened), it will go off. The only time it went off was if he scooted off of it and it couldn't detect any breathing. I HIGHLY recommend it.
Good luck

Old 05-04-2005, 07:49 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

PrittyGreenEyez HB User

We also just recently bought the Angel Care Breathing Monitor and even though it doesn't release me from the constant worry of "is he breathing" it is a comfort to hear a tick everytime there is a movement. I guess he hadn't moved or had shifted some way last night to where the monitor detected no movement and sent off an alarm. I've never jumped out of bed so quick...but thankfully everything was okay. Does this constant fear ever go away? I'm scared to even lay him on my chest thinking something bad will happen. I do however recommend it. It's not at all costly when you think about how helpful it is.

Closed Thread