It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2005, 12:23 PM   #1
(female)

colleenbrown5 HB User
Thumbs up October is SIDS Awareness Month

I just wanted to remind everyone that October is SIDS Awareness Month and October 15 is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day!! October was first proclaimed SIDS Awareness Month by President Reagan in 1984 and president Bush reproclaimed it this year!! And thus far every Governor, except the ones to follow, have proclaimed October SIDS Awareness Month for their state!! Georgia, Hawaii, Kansas, Louisiana, Minnesota, Montana, Mississippi, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Tennessee. Montana's governor is issuing no proclamations and Mississippi and Louisiana were given a pass this year due to the hurricanes! So the rest are either not responding or we are looking for in state sponsors!!
It looks like SIDS is finally getting it's place in the public eye where it belongs. Did any of you catch the pieces done by the Today show, Good Morning America and The Early Show?? They each did a piece about SIDS this morning!! People need to know that this can happen to anyone and everyone and there is NO way to keep SIDS from happening!
All the little Angels taken from us by the SILENT KILLER - SIDS are in my thoughts and the families are in my prayers this month especially!

Colleen

Old 10-10-2005, 06:20 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

jayboy557 HB User
Re: October is SIDS Awareness Month

my sister, robyn bear is responsible for having this day passed into this special day. i just ran across this and was so proud to see it. i hope everything is well with you.

just neat to see that my sister accomplished so much and put so much work and effort in helping so many people. ( removed ) jason.

Last edited by moderator2; 10-11-2005 at 03:24 PM. Reason: please read and follow the posting rules - do not post the website

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread