It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2006, 02:19 AM   #1
(female)

Love_My_Son HB User
New to Straterra

My son is 10 years old almost 11. Tomorrow will be our first day on the medicine. I'm very concerned and worried about the side effects. It's been very helpful reading what other parents have posted but one concern is regarding the sleepiness. Is it possible for a child to fall into such a deep sleep that SID's can happen. I realize that happens in infants but I can't help but worry. I'm sure I'm just being paranoid but this is so new to me that all these crazy ideas are running through my head. My doctor went over all the possible side effects and I shouldn't be so worried. Should I?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2006, 08:14 AM   #2
(female)

jen_thomson HB User
Re: New to Straterra

I really don't think you have to worry about SIDS. I'm sorry you're dealing with such a fear. Maybe it will help you to know that I am the mother of a very health 15 year old boy who's been on various meds since he was 8 for OCD and Tourettes Syndrome. He, too would fall into a deep sleep (practially unwakable) sometimes when we were trying to regulate his medication. But, we got everything evened out, and he's just fine. It's natural for a momma to worry about her children and fear losing them, no matter how hold the child is! Do we sometimes worry too much? Of course! But it's just because we love them so much! I wish you and your family the very best- *hugs*

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread