It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2006, 10:19 PM   #1
(female)

onlyonetwisted HB User
did you know that epiderals can contribute to resiratory depression

i was doing some research on sids i lost my youngest daughter to sids on may 24th 2003, and what i found astounded me......i read in an online encyclopedia that epiderals contribute to respiratory depression. i was so relieved. anyone who has lost a child to sids knows the guilt you feel the helplessness and the agony i wish i could tell you it gets easier but it doesn't. you never forget the pain the sheer morbid fear you feel when you hear the words "i'm sorry we did all we could to help her/him" never. nothing comforts you. nothing soothes the pain or agony or heartache. nothing stops you from wondering oh god why my baby. but perhaps this info will help an expectant mother somewhere make the right decision. i had an epideral with my youngest daughter and she passed of sids when she was 7weeks and 3 days old. i also had one with my youngest child and he was on an apnea monitor for 8 months and had several alarms. as of now there is no link between the two but if i could go back and do it again i would do it natural like i did with my first two children. anyway i said what i wanted to say i'm outta here. you all take care and i hope this reaches at least one person and helps them in some way.........................twisted

Old 11-22-2006, 02:54 PM   #2
(female)

confused226 HB User
Thumbs up Re: did you know that epiderals can contribute to resiratory depression

Hey. Thought I'd come by. First off, I'm truly sorry for the loss of your baby girl. I can't imagine the pain you must endure every second of your life. That's definitly something I could never get over.

I can't believe epidurals can be the cause of SIDS. My daughter is gonna be 6 months next week and even though SIDS is at its highest before 7 months, I'm still worried. That's really great information for the moms to be...even those who have children, like ourselves.

I'm wishing you a happy thanksgiving

*~Chrissy~*

Last edited by confused226; 11-22-2006 at 02:57 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2007, 04:25 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Madam Captain HB User
Re: did you know that epiderals can contribute to resiratory depression

I have heard of this happening because it happened to my friend's sister. She had an epidural during labor with her second child (a boy). She was also induced and the labor was really bad. The baby was in respiratory distress during labor and when he was born, he had the cord wrapped around his kneck and he needed oxygen. He was okay and now he has just turned 1. He recently took his first steps a few weeks before his first birthday. He has had no breathing problems at all, apart from his birth and he is doing very well.

Closed Thread