It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2007, 01:55 AM   #1
(female)

Aching Arms HB User
Aching Arms

I lost my little girl 9 years ago on Feb 10
I thought I would never servive. Yet I had 2 boy since them. I love my two boys more that anything and I thank my little girl for making them posible. You see, I was diagnosed as infertal before I conceived my daughter, yet I embrace the miracle of my pregnancy with her. I felt like a miracle, when I never expected that I would mother my own child biologically. After a full turn pregnancy with her, I felt like I won the lotery, a child I never thought I would have and then when she was 9 days old I could not imagine why it was all taken away from me. She passed on Feb 10 of 1998 and I am finally ready to talk about it because I have concluded the fact that my two beautiful boys would not exist with out her presence.........I want to talk!!

Old 03-12-2007, 04:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB Userbethsheba HB User
Re: Aching Arms

My heart goes out to you...I cannot imagine the devastation you must feel. Although I have not lost a baby or a child through death, I have lost loved ones and I have found that sharing my pain with others with similar circumstances can be very helpful and it's never too late to do that.

It may be that the readers of this board are not able to offer their support at this time given their circumstances and their pain. Have you tried contacting support groups in your area? A hospital or a hospice may be a good place to start. If your community doesn't have a group, perhaps you could work with a hospital social worker or a hospice worker to start a support group for people with similar circumstances.

Bethsheba

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2007, 05:14 PM   #3
(female)

RobbiesMom HB User

I just joined today and wanted to reach out and give you a huge hug because I understand. I lost my Robbie in 1986 so almost 21 years ago. I ******d SIDS message boards today because I finally want to reach out to other moms and help them get through this terrible time in their lives. I already had one son, Giovanni when Robbie was born and after he passed I thought I would never ever be able to have another but eventually went on to have two other beautiful daughters and now Giovanni is going to make me a grandma this year.

So yes, life does go on so to speak but once SIDS touches our lives it changes everything and as much as others in our family want to help, no one can understand a mother's loss as much as another mother who has walked in our shoes. I still cry on Mother's Day, Robbies birthday and the anniversary of his death. I still do the " I wonders" I wonder what he would look like, how he would be etc. And most importantly I think of him every single day. At first I wouldn't talk about him to anyone other than family. I didn't want anyone to feel sorry for me. I don't know if that makes sense but maybe some of you going through this know what I am talking about. Finally about 5 years after his death I came to the realization that by not talking about him, I was almost denying his existance so I began to share my son with the world. Funny how once I started to talk how quickly I found so many others that have had a child die.

Anyway today I decided to find a spot where I can help others cope. I hope this will be a good place to start. Even after almost 21 years I still have rough days sometimes so as much as I hopefully will be helping some of you, you all will be helping me as well.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:07 PM   #4
(female)

MamaPay HB User

I'm so sorry.. I'm sure there is nothing anyone can say to make you feel better. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Thank God you have 2 little boys there with you! Many hugs!

Mother to Sean 3yrs and Sara 16 months

Hypothyroid siince June 2000

Old 05-29-2007, 07:04 PM   #5
(male)

robert39 HB User

Last edited by robert39; 05-30-2007 at 05:30 PM.

Closed Thread