It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2007, 05:21 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

InLove HB User
Did They Die After Having Jabs???

Hi To Everyone,,,
I Have Felt Very Sad After Reading Some Of Your Messages In This Forum,,, I Have A Baby Boy Of 3 Months And I Am Very Scared Of Him Dying Of Sids,,,, I Have Read The Vacciness Could Cause Death In Babies So I Havent Vaccinated My Baby Yet,,,would Like To Know If Your Babies Died After Having Their Jabs???
God Bless You All

Eva

Old 09-05-2007, 10:43 AM   #2
(female)

jen_thomson HB User
Re: Did They Die After Having Jabs???

My daughter died less than 24 hours after her 2 mo. shots. She had never been sick, she wasn't premature, she wasn't underweight when born (10 lbs, 11 oz!), did not have allergies or a cold, was on her back when she died, did not live in a smoking household, wasn't around smoke, was not in overly warm clothing, etc... She did not meet any of the risk factors. Many SIDS babies die after shots- but I honestly believe it is because SIDS strikes little ones around the time shots are given, not because of the shots themselves. Statistically speaking, more harm can come from skipping the immunizations. There is a small chance that a child can have adverse reactions to immunizations- but more and more research is showing that SIDS and immunizations are not related- it's just a timing issue. The bottom line is this-you can do everything right- or everything wrong. A SIDS baby is a SIDS baby. At this time, nothing can change that, although the recommendations for "preventing" SIDS seem to have dropped the numbers some. All we can do as parents is love our little ones and pray for them to remain healthy. It really isn't in our hands. Don't obsess over SIDS. Chances are, it isn't something you're going to have to face. Just hug your son every chance you get and enjoy being his momma Good luck, Eva.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2007, 07:22 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BioAdoptMom3 HB User

I agree with Eva. No one knows what causes it. Fortunately it is extremely rare and that quote comes directly from the AAP. I am 48 years old and only personally know one person whose baby died of SIDS. The baby was napping on her back in her pack n' play at the time. My own adopted daughter was born preterm to a birthmom who had no prenatal care, smoked and was addicted to at least four illegal drugs and alcohol. She slept on her tummy once we got her because it was the only way she would sleep and she was fine. Unfortunately there is just no way to predict it. As Eva said, just try your best to enjoy your baby. They grow so fast. And God forbid something tragic happen, you wouldn't want to remember how all you did was fret and worry and didn't enjoy the time you had with your child.

Nancy

Old 03-28-2009, 05:47 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

My son had a few of vaccines but after 5 or 6 of them, I finally called it quits. I felt horrible every time I allowed the dr. to inject my son with that crap. Have you guys ever actually read what's in them? Not good. Babies come from such a natural place to being injected with hep B within the first 24 hours of birth. Just not right. Bty - my son turned out to be autistic. Also, in Japan, when they banned vaccines until the age of 2, the SIDS rate went down.

Last edited by Frynd1; 03-28-2009 at 05:48 PM.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:05 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User

Lynn, could I have a source for your information about Japan?

Closed Thread