It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2008, 07:55 AM   #1
(female)

cassika HB User
My son died of SIDS and he was NOT vaccinated.

My son died of SIDS and he was NOT vaccinated.
He passed away when he was only 28 days old.

He only went to the doctor once for jaundice but he didn't need the lights.
I was around him 24/7 and I know for a fact he never once received a shot.
Considering it was a home birth he didn't even get a vitamin k shot.

He was also breastfeed and healthy.

BUT. . .

SIDS runs on both sides of my family. Therefore I believe its genetic.
And I have talked to geneticists and they all agree with me. Though it is still a mystery, there is new research that points to genetics rather than environment.

Old 08-25-2008, 05:41 AM   #2
(female)

kim1994 HB User
Re: Does anyone have an un-vaccinated baby who died of SIDS?

Thirteen years ago i lost my son to sids. He was 4 months old. I had taken him to the dr. That day for for ear infection. That night i put him down and i had bad feeling all night i kept checking on him. I fianlly got so tired i laid down for about an hour and it was around seven when i woke up thinking he should be awake bye now. I went to check on him and he was not breathing he was blue in the face. My worst nightnare came true. He was my seventh child. Two years later my sister lost her son to sids. And to come found out my cousin lost a baby to sids too. I beleive you are right it's genetic. So now that all my kids are having baby's i make sure they let there dr. Know about the sids history in our family.

Last edited by moderator2; 08-25-2008 at 05:50 AM. Reason: please do not type in all capital letters

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2008, 05:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

NVD HB User
Re: My son died of SIDS and he was NOT vaccinated.

I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my five week old daughter in April to SIDS. She had gotten the Hep B vaccination, as well as Synergis to prevent RSV. She was born eight weeks early. We don't have SIDS on either sides of our families. I've done a lot of researching, and I don't believe it is genetic--or at least I pray to God it's not genetic, since we are expecting again. The most current study points at the underdeveloped brain stem theory, and makes the most sense. Everyone has a theory on it, but sadly none have any evidence of any of it being true. It's so very frustrating, and scary, and makes me very, angry that we lost our little ones, and no one can tell us why. Again, I'm sorry for your loss.

Closed Thread