It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2009, 04:45 AM   #1
(female)

Destroyed HB User
Destroyed

My friend lost her 4-month-old son to SIDS less than a week ago. She is in DESPERATE need of someone who has suffered the same loss to talk to about it. We live in Pennsylvania. Can anyone help?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2010, 05:25 PM   #2
(female)

mykinzie10 HB User
Re: Destroyed

hello. how are you? I lost my baby son from SIDS a few years ago, he died the day he turned 4 weeks old. It devastated me. I still am not the same as I was before he died. I understand the pain of this kind of loss. I also suffered tremendous guilt. I felt like I'm the mom so im sposed to be in charge of keeping Kory healthy and alive. I also want to talk to someone else who can relate to what I've been through. Thank you for sharing. Mykinzie.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2010, 07:32 PM   #3
(female)

her70cuda HB User
Re: Destroyed

Do a search for a sids hotline and you should find a good contact number she can call.

Life never is the same again. Intervals become longer and triggers less but the pain still comes when you least expect it. It's the hardest thing I have ever lived through. My baby died in 91 and I broke down over something and cried today. She does need someone to talk to.

The important things is that she is allowed to acknowledge her child and to go through the feelings. Fear, anger, the emotions can become intense.

Counseling with a GOOD therapist wouldn't hurt.

Closed Thread