It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2009, 08:32 AM   #1
(male)

cdseverance HB User
Exclamation in urgent need of a positive testimony; please read!

Hi. * Personal information removed by hb-mod, moderator * I am here to help a friend. She lost a baby at 6 months old earlier in the year due to sids. As expected the whole situation has turned her world completely upside down and she has turned manic depressive as it consumes her thoughts. I want to help her through this in anyway possible......so I'm asking you for help. If anyoneone out there has gone throug a similar situation; I ask please that you'd be willing enough to share your story and a positive testimony wth me. Anything that would help this girl out would be highly appreciated. Thank you all

Last edited by hb-mod; 09-02-2009 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Please don't post personal information, per Posting Policy. Thanks!

Old 08-05-2009, 08:28 PM   #2
(female)

arktrav HB User
Re: in urgent need of a positive testimony; please read!

My DIL is an ob nurse at the local hospital. She told about a newborn only a few hours old who died of SIDS, was on the baby monitor with an RN and Doctor right there. They did everything possible with no results.
MY nephew and his wife lost their only daughter to SIDS about 1956. At that time parents were treated as possible suspects to murder. It was then called a crib death if no physical signs were evident and Autopsy showed no reason. Give her a hug for me.
Country

Last edited by hb-mod; 09-02-2009 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Removed quote of the immediately preceding post. Please use Quick Reply instead of Quote Reply. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2009, 02:50 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

NVD HB User
Re: in urgent need of a positive testimony; please read!

Hi Chris, First off, I applaud you for seeking help for your friend. That alone says a lot about you. I lost my daughter to SIDS in April of 2008. It's been almost 17 months for me....and I can tell you, it still pretty much consumes me. There really isn't anything you can do that will help that part. You have to let her go through the motions, and deal with her grief however she needs to....and for as long as she needs to. She will never, ever get over this loss...but she will learn to adjust her life in ways that make it more bearable. But even then, it won't ever be completely done. Grief is so circular...it gets a little easier, then out of no where will knock you flat again. Just be there for her, don't try to push her throuugh her grief, it can make her feel like she's doing it wrong, and can make it worse. Help keep her baby's memory alive by talking about him/her. She needs to hear the name, and that others think about him/her. Don't not talk about the baby because you think it will make her sad, in fact you might find it can do the oposite. These are just some things that I wish my friends/family knew about my grief. There is no pain worse than losing a child....especially so suddenly, and then getting no answers as to why.
I hope things have gotten a little bit easier for your friend by now. You're a good friend to ask for help.
Take care,
Amber

Closed Thread