It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2010, 05:37 PM   #1
(female)

mykinzie10 HB User
Anyone personally lost their own child by SIDS??

Hello. I'm marla and my son kory died of SIDS years ago. I really would LOVE to hear from anyone who has personally lost there own child, meaning a mother or father, or both. It helps me to feel not so alone and its just not the same to me when it a story from someone else who's not the direct parent. Thank ou so much! Marla.

The following user gives a hug of support to mykinzie10:
ckeller (11-17-2010)
Old 06-13-2010, 06:34 PM   #2
(female)

bama467 HB User
Re: Anyone personally lost their own child by SIDS??

Marla,
I lost my daughter 1o weeks ago to SIDS. She was 14 weeks old. I am completely lost and miss her so much.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2010, 08:54 AM   #3
(female)

mykinzie10 HB User

Hi. This is marla. I am so so glad you contacted me! Ill tell u something. I never reached out for help so soon. I turned to alcohol instead. I feel such hope for you it warms my heart. Ok. Back to you. When I was where you are, I was filled with guilt for nothing that was my fault. I claimed it wasn't guilt, but, as I look back, I see now that it was. I was in such deep emotional pain, there was nothing anyone said that "sounded" like what I needed. I just thot to myself: "have YOU ever lost your child to SIDS???" Well then YOU really have no clue, do u!! I am NOT saying I was very healthy at this time. I am only sharing my own experience. I now see that I pretty much shut out everyone and got sicker and sicker. My dream is to help someone else NOT waste so many years of there life by shutting help out and alcohol IN. Of course I NEVER intended to live my life this way. This is what happened tho. There is a SIDS foundation. I recommend u write and ask them to mail you info. I am so close to giving you my phone # but a little leerie in this day and age. Ya know? Please please write me back. I promise ill always be here for you. Best of my ability! Sound like a plan? Plz tell me your name. Sincerely. Marla.

Old 07-10-2010, 04:47 PM   #4
(female)

bama467 HB User

Hi, Marla

I am sorry to hear that you turned to alcohol. I haven't turned to alcohol, but I can understand how someone can do that. I have an amazing support system that have done their best to walk through this with me. Like you said though, if someone hasn't been through it then its hard for them to understand. I miss my daughter every second of the day. I beg God everyday to give her back to me. I lost my faith in him the day she died, so I know I can never have her back. I miss her so much. She became my life and then was taken away so quickly. I hate the word SIDS. I try to figure out all the time what I could of done to prevent my angel from leaving. My life is so different now. I am a completely different person who is having to live her life without the one person who I loved more than anything.

Closed Thread