It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
(female)

smp717 HB User
Unhappy Angry mom

I lost my 49 day old baby last week to sids and just don't understand how 4 letters could take my baby from me and nobody knows why or what could be done to fix this terrible thing.My baby was perficley fine one minute and put in bed next to me and was breast feeding while her daddy went to make her a bottle came back to give it to her and was dead in a matter of minutes.The ambulance came and tried there hardest to revive my little angel. We went to the hospital i walked in the ER room to look at my lifeless little baby with tubes down her throat and 12 doctors working on her. I was asked to leave the room for a bit so i did. The doctor came out to tell me that they had got her heart going again and we were heading to cooks children's hospital. As i began to have little hope that my beautiful baby would soon be ok i saw the ambulance pull up to take her there. So i went back in the room to only find out that they haden't got her heart going again it was a flutter from them shocking her little heart. So they continued to try and had no luck. The doctor looked at me only to say they were not having luck and that if they did my beautiful healthy angel would no longer be able to walk or talk again. At that point i told them to stop and leave my baby alone. She was pernounced dead at 11:40pm can somebody please tell me why there isent more being done to help find a cure......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #2
(female)

robinwelch HB User
Re: Angry mom

I know how your feel. My 10 week old Baby Boy just passed on April 14th. This is the hardest thing I ever had to go through.... There is just no way to ever get passed this... I am a nurse, and with all the technology the medical world has, I just cant believe they dont know more about sids. I cant believe in todays day and age, that horriable things like this can happen without explaination. Was this your first child ?
Talk to you soon, Robin Indiana

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: robinwelch
HeavynsMommy (05-17-2011), smp717 (05-04-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #3
(female)

smp717 HB User

No i have two other children and it took a realy bad tole on them as well.If you dont mind me asking what happened with your baby...I know that it is very irratating that there is nothing that we can do.And i dont know where your from but you hardly hear anything about sids in denton texas...

The following user gives a hug of support to smp717:
HeavynsMommy (05-17-2011)
Old 05-17-2011, 03:16 PM   #4
(female)

HeavynsMommy HB User

I, too am a SIDS mother. My 3 month old son, Harley, died in 2004. He was at the babysitter's. I wish I could tell you that all the anger goes away, but it doesn't. It does, however, get lighter. When I first lost my son, I was angry at anyone that was pregnant or had a newborn. I didn't think it was fair that I had to lose my son. Now, I hold no grudge against those women. I do, however, still hold a grudge against women who don't take care of the children they have. Since working in a law office, I have seen several cases of women who gave custody of their child to someone they barely knew, then wanted the child back so the mother wouldn't look bad.
But, there is hope. While it will never be ok that you're child is gone, it will get easier. Eventually you will have months that you can speak about your angel without crying, and then moments that will sneak up and make you cry. While the wound will heal, there will always be a scar. My scar lasts from December to March (the length of his life). If you have any questions, please feel free to e-mail me. I've been exactly where you are. My child was shocked back to life, but had such extensive brain damage, we chose to take him off of life support.

Old 05-17-2011, 03:18 PM   #5
(female)

HeavynsMommy HB User

My son also died from SIDS after being lifelined to Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis

Reply Reply