It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2003, 12:39 PM   #16
Inactive

plymouth HB User
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by villagegal68455:
...and by you saying that laying them on their tummies is a cause, ..
I never said that laying them on their tummies was a cause, nor did I ever blame parents.

Please do not attribute to me statements I have never made.

Old 04-26-2003, 11:28 PM   #17
Veteran

villagegal68455 HB User
when you said laying them on their backs is stopping sids, i took that as you meant it caused it...sorry to have misinterpreted your statement
April-may you always dance with the angels above

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-10-2003, 05:07 PM   #18
Inactive

XxlDippsxX HB User
Talking

Can i just say, here in the uk, doctors tells new mothers NOT to lay their babies on their backs due to choking, and not to lay them on their tummies due to suffocating, when my son died of sids, i thought it was my fault i really did, i used to lay him on his back for bed with his head to the side, then he died, at only 3 mnths old, my beutifull baby boy gone, now i have a 3 yr old daughter, who i never laid on her back, as i obsessed about sids, she slept in my bedroom up untill she was 2 and into a bed, i constantly checked her, had a monitor that picked up breathing, and if no breath an alarm would go off, even when she yawned, i laid her on her side for bed with her arm under her so she couldnt roll over on to her tummy or her back... my love goes out to all those who have suffered sid xxxx

PLYMOUTH : Where are you getting all this info from? interested to know..

------------------
dipps

Old 05-10-2003, 06:11 PM   #19
(female)

XxLIZxX HB User
Cool

O i am so sorry about all your losses.... i too lost my son back in march 2001 so sad he was only 7 mnths old, i too agree with littlesheep on the sleep apnea..

------------------
XxLIZxX

Old 05-11-2003, 07:37 AM   #20
Veteran

villagegal68455 HB User
Smile

that is part of it, but not the reason...they do quit breathing in their sleep, but they don't think it's cause they forget how to, it's that they don't realize they are taking in any fresh air...that's researches latest update anyhow...

------------------
Rachel Leigh
"To really live, you must nearly die"-author unknown

Old 05-20-2003, 11:45 AM   #21

piesmom HB User
After reading all the posts on this I had to reply. My son died of sids 14 years ago of SIDS, he was 4 months old. Well let me tell you, he was sleeping on his back, he was a normal birth, was not around a smoker and all of the other causes that people think. He had an autopsy done, I have a copy, everything was fine with him. But yet he died, so when they can give me a reasonable reason of why he died, to me all the others are just theories. I have had 4 kids after him, the youngest being 3 months. I check on her all the time, because let me tell you, finding your little baby dead is the worst thing in the world. Everybody is entitled to their opinions, but think before you type, that you might be hurting someone elses feelings, you feel bad enough when it happens. To all of the sids mommies(and families) out there. My heart goes out to you, and yes it gets easier but it never ever goes away. It helps to talk about it, never forget your little one, I still have my sons baby pictures out, because he will always be a part of my family.

[This message has been edited by piesmom (edited 05-20-2003).]

Old 05-20-2003, 06:30 PM   #22
Veteran

villagegal68455 HB User
piesmom--sorry if anything i said hurt your feelings...but if you reread the posts, i never once said smoking, laying them on their tummies, etc are causes of sids...they are just possible risks scientists believe... ...trust me, i know how you feel...my daughter didn't fit many of the the risk factors either...

------------------
Rachel Leigh

Old 05-20-2003, 09:21 PM   #23

piesmom HB User
Wink

It waws nothing you said, you didn't hurt my feelings!

Old 05-20-2003, 09:43 PM   #24
Veteran

villagegal68455 HB User
Talking

that's good to hear...i was hoping i didn't offend you...or anybody else for that matter...i know from experience that sids families are very sensitive to hearing some things...especially things like "you can have more children" or "it had to be something you did" and stuff like that...i believe none of us had anything to do with our children's deaths...my heart goes out to you for your loss... ...wow, fourteen years...gives me hope that life can continue...my daughter died three years ago and it still feels like yesterday...

------------------
Rachel Leigh

Old 05-20-2003, 09:55 PM   #25

piesmom HB User
villagegal it will get easier, I promise, it is sad that not many people post here. I found it when I was looking for weight loss site. My heart goes out to you, if you need someone to talk to, I am here for you.People do say some very stupid things, It wasn't you that made me mad.

Peggy

Old 05-21-2003, 10:25 PM   #26
Veteran

villagegal68455 HB User
thanks...sometimes it's nice to talk to someone who knows what i am going thru...i'll keep you in mind...

------------------
Rachel Leigh

Old 06-27-2003, 05:06 PM   #27

HikingFan HB User
[QUOTE]Originally posted by piesmom:
it is sad that not many people post here.

I would've liked to post here and talk about my feelings with this subject, of which I have personal experience, but after reading these posts where everyone looks to blast one another theory's, and accuse eachother of misinformation, I do not think this is the place for me. I know this is sensitive topic, but geez...can't everyone agree to disagree sometimes, without having to be right? There are other topics on this board that deal with sensitive topics with death and dying issues, and I've never seen this kind of bickering and accusations. Maybe the moderators of this board could create a new topic entitled "SIDS support" instead of theories. Also, this site made me decide not to post my story, my opinion, or theory.....and I don't think that you all really want to have this affect when other grieving mom's look towards this site. Please, if you diagree, just state it simply and with the knowledge that this other person is probably grieving too, so take it easy on one another, and don't take your anger out on eachother.

Thanks, and good luck.

Old 07-06-2003, 05:27 AM   #28
Veteran

villagegal68455 HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by villagegal68455:
your theory fascinates me.......although i don't agree with it myself, it does interest me...

if you were talking about plymouth and i, we weren't bashing each other...we were exchanging information and giving reasons why we didn't believe the other's theory...just because i don't agree with plymouth's theory doesn't mean i hold it against them...sorry if you were offended by anything anybody said...

proud wife of trainee wentler

------------------
Rachel Leigh

Old 07-12-2003, 02:33 PM   #29
Inactive

~airforcewife~ HB User
Arrow

"It took thirty years of broken baby skulls to stop the use of forceps. How many more victims before doctors stop using that horrible vacuum device to pull babies out of the womb?"

--> The use of forceps has not stopped. My daughter was delivered w/the help of forceps and she was not injured in any way from the use of forceps, not even so much as a bruise. I thank God those forceps were around because they saved my life, as well as my daughter's.

Old 08-11-2003, 07:57 AM   #30
Veteran
(female)

bren7 HB User
Hello Everyone,

I'm very sorry for all your losses. I to had a son die from SIDS in 1994. My son was very healthy I took him to the doctor on Monday for a check up and he got his shots, He had some nasal congestion, Had GE REFLUX (my second son had the ge reflux to)since he was born...I'd feed his 2 oz of fomula, he would throw up 2 oz of fomula, burp rags here were meduim sized hand towel for the bath room. He was born at 8 lb 3.6 oz. At his 2 month check up (Monday) they gave my son his shots even though, he had some nasal congestion,which was wrong his immune system was down some. He seem to get very sick, he was miserable the rest of the day and on Tuesday. Wednesday came he was quiet, he didnt cry, he seemed very pacified, He refused to sleep if he fell asleep he would jerk himself awake with in a minute literaly. Even in the car that day he wouldnt sleep, But he wasn't cranky at all. I thought this was quiet odd. That night at 11:00 pm I was holding my son rocking him. I voiced comcern to my hubby that he wouldnt sleep all day something didnt seem right. My hubby crouched down next to my son, ran his hand over his head and said "its ok mommy will take care of you, go to sleep". It felt very wrong, but I told him "yes mommy will take care of you" with in 2 minute he fell asleep. I when to bed about 15 minute after laying him down. In the morning he was dead.
My opinion and my hubby's is that the vaccinations are what caused his death. Since then we have not allowed our kids to have the shots.

We get alot of greif about not vaccinating. But we dont want to take the chance of lossing another child. We fell like we sentence our son to death by allowing for the shots.

Don't get my wrong, I'm not telling people not to vaccinate. I'm just stating what we believe was the cause of our sons death.

[This message has been edited by bren7 (edited 08-11-2003).]

Closed Thread