It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2003, 05:30 PM   #31
Veteran

villagegal68455 HB User
Hi--i'm sorry about your loss...i used to think it was vaccinations too...mine died two days after hers...but i learned that was studied...i changed my mind about it...it is a good theory though

------------------
Rachel Leigh
Proud Wife of Airman Wentler
"To really live, you must nearly die"-author unknown
April-may you always dance with the angels above

Old 08-11-2003, 06:50 PM   #32

pattiann38 HB User
I wish more of us could speak with eachother as well. I've never talked about it to anyone..my other post took courage but it wasn't anything super super personal... I feel if I really really talked about it would open a floodgate of horror not experienced since his death 20 yrs. ago. Scary business.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2003, 07:24 AM   #33

Leanor HB User

Finally, after waiting many years for my daughter to have a baby, we have been blessed with a beautiful, healthy grandson.
Naturally, we are very concerned about SIDS.
We have read much about this and have come across many theories, none of which seem to have a common denominator. Some babies died on their backs, some on their tummies and some in their mothers arms. Some had suction during delivery and some did not.
Then it came time for our grandson to receive his vaccinations.
Naturally, not wanting to do any harm to this baby, we started researching the safety of vaccines and we came across some very interesting information that could possibly connect SIDS to vaccine reactions.
We have no idea whether or not this is truly a possibility, but it does seem odd that SIDS strikes babies at the same time that they receive their vaccinations.
I'd REALLY be interested in hearing from parents of children who did NOT receive vaccines and died from SIDS. Then I could throw another theory into the wind.
I pray and grieve for all who have lost a child.

Old 08-25-2003, 05:36 PM   #34

kiki lou HB User
Leanor,

I think your worries are COMPLETELY justified. Just remember: You can always have the vaccines later. You can't, however, remove them once they're in and the damage is done.

Kiki

Old 12-11-2003, 11:58 AM   #35

so_confuzzled HB User
Re: my theory

I am not a mother that has lost a baby to sids, but I am a sister, my brother christopher died of sids, his birthday was december sixth, every time around this year my mom gets so emotional, and I hear her crying because she thinks that maybe she caused this to happen, that night before christopher died, he was acting like a normal baby, smiling giggling.... nothing seemed wrong, my mom woke up in the morning and we checked on him he wasn't breathing. My dad did cpr it was too late... She blames herself but the fact is he wasn't on his stomach he had been on his back. I dotn think I believe in the theory of the stomach or the back, they really dotn' know what causes it and yes there are reasearches done on it i look up
SIDS all the time and I havent' heard one thing about what plymouth is saying, I dont know mayb eim not looking inthe right places but the fact is, I wish my mom would understand she didtn' do anything. I am so sorry for all you ladies that have had this happen. I mean its so hard not understanding how awful something like this could happen. they are healthy happy... and it just ends... i hate that i don't have an answer for my mom or anybody.. I just want to wish you all the luck. U guys are so strong for even coming on here, my mom won't go to a support group.. . I just wish she would. Good luck to you all your inmy prayers-chrystal

Old 01-02-2004, 06:24 PM   #36
Veteran

ABC~Mom HB User

i am a parent of a 2 1/2 month old baby girl and my friends mom lost her little girl of sids a lot of years ago and i was just wondering if anyone had ever heard that it happens more to boys and more often in the winter months (i dont know if i believe that or not) it is winter here where i live and i am woried for my baby (i guess all parents are) but what i was really intrested in was the vaccination theory...i am now really scared about vaccinating again at 4 months....what in the world should i do? or not do more importantly.....

my heart goes out to all of you...i cant imagine such a thing ...i am sitting here almost in tears thinking about it...

Old 01-26-2004, 06:22 AM   #37
Inactive

promisez HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Winnie~
i am a parent of a 2 1/2 month old baby girl and my friends mom lost her little girl of sids a lot of years ago and i was just wondering if anyone had ever heard that it happens more to boys and more often in the winter months (i dont know if i believe that or not) it is winter here where i live and i am woried for my baby (i guess all parents are) but what i was really intrested in was the vaccination theory...i am now really scared about vaccinating again at 4 months....what in the world should i do? or not do more importantly.....

my heart goes out to all of you...i cant imagine such a thing ...i am sitting here almost in tears thinking about it...
Hi Winnie;

My son Gregory died in my arms in May many years ago but I have no knowledge of scientific data, it took me over 15 years just to get through the emotional wreckage of seeing him take his last breath as I inhaled it trying to do cpr. What I do suggest is checking with your Doctor as I'm seeing so many self diagnosis all over the web by non medical people. Humans have a tendency to want to have a solid answer and are unwilling to settle for an "I don't know" yet that is all most Sids parents get from the medical profession and until they actually DO find an answer I'll settle for that and not grasp at straws. Whatever your decision, I hope it works out for you and God bless.

David

Old 01-26-2004, 08:13 PM   #38
Veteran

ABC~Mom HB User

I am so sorry, I read your story and cried, as I said before I just cant imagine the pain a parent of this tragedy must face, you must be incredible strong. I have decided to vaccinate (I feel the benefit outweigh the risks) but I am still hung up on this, I am constantly checking my daughter at night, I turn up the monitor to hear her...yet I feel it is something that is out of our hands. I just think it is amazing that we can do brain surgery, heart transplants, even put a man on the moon, but no one can figure out why this happens

Old 01-26-2004, 09:20 PM   #39
Inactive

promisez HB User

Quote:
I am so sorry, I read your story and cried, as I said before I just cant imagine the pain a parent of this tragedy must face, you must be incredible strong. I have decided to vaccinate (I feel the benefit outweigh the risks) but I am still hung up on this, I am constantly checking my daughter at night, I turn up the monitor to hear her...yet I feel it is something that is out of our hands. I just think it is amazing that we can do brain surgery, heart transplants, even put a man on the moon, but no one can figure out why this happens
Hi Winnie;

I have learned that I have choices in life, namely seeing the positives or the negatives in any situation. I have chosen the positives this past eight plus years. That line you wrote about turning up the monitor to hear her, that could be taken as fear, a negative. I stayed up all night one night when my ex babysat a 4 month old baby girl. I listened to her breathe, just to make sure she continued to do so. I lived in fear that night so I understand and can identify with you. Today I listen to other parents kids breathe sometimes and its a beautiful sound. I see and hear the beauty, the life that is occuring at that moment, not the fear of what "might be" or "could happen". Life is just too short to be spending it in the negative, living in fear in the shadows of what "might be". Come out in the sunshine Winnie, there are joys waiting for you out here.

David

Old 01-26-2004, 10:01 PM   #40
Veteran

ABC~Mom HB User

thank you promisez, I have obsessive compulsive disorder, so I am constantly worrying unnecessarily, and I know I can "what if" any situation that comes up. but you are right, I am being negative... I would probably enjoy my daughter more if I was not always worrying and just living in what “is” instead of the what “if”....thank you again

Old 01-27-2004, 02:30 AM   #41
Inactive

promisez HB User

Quote:
thank you promisez, I have obsessive compulsive disorder, so I am constantly worrying unnecessarily, and I know I can "what if" any situation that comes up. but you are right, I am being negative... I would probably enjoy my daughter more if I was not always worrying and just living in what “is” instead of the what “if”....thank you again
Ah yes, the obsessive compulsive will definatly factor into this. No need to thank me, you're the one doing all the thinking and all the work, pat yourself on the back. Heres a smile for you and a wave to the baby . It's 5:30am and I'm here waiting for a sunrise, hoping its a beautiful one.

David

Old 01-27-2004, 07:43 PM   #42
Veteran

ABC~Mom HB User

you seem like an amazing person
i will tell the baby you say hi
and i will keep you in my thoughts and prayers

Old 02-14-2004, 11:41 AM   #43
Veteran

villagegal68455 HB User

it's been awhile since i've been here and oh my this post has grown...plymouth, i have kept you in mind...hubby and i will be trying for a baby soon and as an extra precaution i am not going to allow the use of forceps on this child...

so confuzzled-december 6th is my daughter's birthday too...it's been almost four years since her death and i still cry at both days....

lisa-i have a good friend who uses the same quote you do...it's so beautiful...

Closed Thread