It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2003, 09:40 AM   #1
littlesheep1999

Question my theory

hi,

my freind lost a baby to sids and it was a very very sad thing that happened, i would just like to share my theory if it makes sense...

You know that thing sleep apnea when we stop breathing when we are asleep, and also some times we can forget how to breath? well thats what i reckon happens to a baby, that he/she may forget to breath or stop breathing in their sleep, there is nothin really us parents can do to stop it.. BUt hopefully soon sciantists will stop wasting time and money in to stupid things like cloning and to use their time and our money into finding out for sure how sids comes bye... that is just my theory...

------------------
donna

Old 01-04-2003, 01:29 PM   #2
Inactive

plymouth HB User
Arrow

Hi,

I am very sorry for your friend's loss.

You are correct that sids is respiratory failure.

This whole issue may well be resolved in the next few years as evidence builds that doctors cause sids.

There are over a hundred studies now, mostly from europe, showing vertebral artery occlusions in sids victims. This is important because the vertebral artery supplies blood to the brain stem and the brain stem controls autonomic functions like breathing. When the brain stem is not getting enough blood it shuts down and then the baby stops breathing.

The cause of the vertebral artery occlusions are the distortions of the cranium and cervical structures cause by pulling and twisting from forceps and suction device deliveries. It's convenient for the doctors to speed up deliveries this way but it is killing our babies and if it doesn't kill them they have health problems for life.

Modern recommendations to sleep baby on its back have been so successful because it prevents baby from turning its neck into the distortion and completing the occlusion of the artery. Unfortunately, babies are supposed to sleep on their stomach, its a natural position and contributes to the proper development of their nervous system. We have saved the lives of 2% of children at the cost of developmental delays in all of them.

The doctors are going to fight this truth because once it comes out and is proven you can just imagine the lawsuits and out of sight malpractice insurance premiums.

~p

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2003, 08:58 AM   #3

martina hartley HB User
littlesheep1999 I'm sorry that your friend had to go through something so tragic. It is something very hard to go through. I went through it 15 years ago. I lost a son when he was 4 months old. Every year on the day he was born and the day he died I make them special days for myself. It is something that has helped me get through the last 15 years. I also have 3 other boys, so even if it happens in the family. Tell your friend to give her self some time take care of her self and her family.

As for plymouth what are you thinking !!!!! Are you a sids parent ?????? New sids parents do not need to hear your junk. Are you a pro at sids, are you a scienctist, because if you are not you need to keep your mouth quiet. Dr. are a big support for parents like me. They are full of information that could help a new sids parent. The DR. could get them help to keep their family together, to get into a support group. A support group is very important !!!! In the support group there are families that are just like you that under stand what you are going through. Most people who are not sids parents do not get it. You don't get what it's like to go through something like sids. You don't know what it is like to have friends not talk to you because they are afraid you did something to your own child. My child was at the babysitters. My 2 year old found his little brother and he has not been the same since. That 2 year old is now 18 years old.

I think If you keep talking trash about DR. you will only hurt more than you are helping.

I think this place should be a place for support for each other not tear the DR. and health care people apart.

Lets just be positive and take care of are familes and friends.

God Bless by
My angel Aren

Old 03-12-2003, 09:29 AM   #4
Inactive

plymouth HB User
Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by martina hartley:
As for plymouth what are you thinking !!!!! Are you a sids parent ?????? New sids parents do not need to hear your junk. Are you a pro at sids, are you a scienctist, because if you are not you need to keep your mouth quiet. Dr. are a big support for parents like me. They are full of information that could help a new sids parent. The DR. could get them help to keep their family together, to get into a support group. A support group is very important !!!! In the support group there are families that are just like you that under stand what you are going through. Most people who are not sids parents do not get it. You don't get what it's like to go through something like sids. You don't know what it is like to have friends not talk to you because they are afraid you did something to your own child. My child was at the babysitters. My 2 year old found his little brother and he has not been the same since. That 2 year old is now 18 years old.

I think If you keep talking trash about DR. you will only hurt more than you are helping.

I think this place should be a place for support for each other not tear the DR. and health care people apart.

Lets just be positive and take care of are familes and friends.

God Bless by
My angel Aren
Hello,

This topic is specifically about theory of SIDs.

There are now over 130 scientific studies published in peer reviewed international medical journals showing vertebral artery occlusion in SIDs victims.

Doctors have a lot to lose by admitting their role in causing SIDs deaths. It is not supportive to hide the truth and allow more babies to die in order to protect the perpetrators and their victims.

It took thirty years to stop the use of forceps, even though doctors already knew the forceps had a design defect that caused cranial bones to break when delivering infants.

It is time to stop doctors from killing our babies.

------------------
~p

Old 03-18-2003, 09:23 AM   #5

emilyh HB User
i feel very sorry for anyone who has to go through such things. i have a condition that falls into the category of conditions called dysautonomia. it has to do with malfunctioning of the autonomic nervous system. it is not a very known condition. many people with it are misdiagnosed with chronic fatigue syndrome. a common symptom of it is inability to stay conscious when standing. because of this, my quality of life is very poor. the causes of most of these diseases are unknown. a doctor i go to theorizes that this condition may be an underlying cause of sids.

Old 04-15-2003, 09:59 PM   #6
Veteran

villagegal68455 HB User
Red face

oh my lord, doctors don't kill our babies!!!! I am a sids mother and i am smart enough to know that NOBODY causes the death of sids babies...in fact i knew one gal who had her baby die right in her arms...now how exactly did a doctor do that....sids is not caused by anybody...scientists have done more and more research and they are finding that sids is a medical condition that they are born with....please get your facts straight before harassing this girl....if you want any facts, please go through your search engine...there is plenty of informative information out there...
April-may you always dance with the angels above

Old 04-16-2003, 10:25 AM   #7
Inactive

plymouth HB User
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally posted by villagegal68455:
now how exactly did a doctor do that....
A doctor did it by pulling and twisting on the baby's head during delivery with forceps or suction devices causing the first cervical vertebra to be in a position where it could later occlude the vertebral artery depriving the brain stem of its critcal blood supply and causing respiratory failure.

I am sorry for your loss. My family also suffered a SIDS tragedy.

Physician-researchers at the Harvard Medical School have published a study showing that doctors errors are the second leading cause of death in the United State.

Over 130 studies published in peer reviewed journals during the last ten years show vertebral artery occlusion and respiratory failure in SIDS babies.

It took thirty years of broken baby skulls to stop the use of forceps. How many more victims before doctors stop using that horrible vacuum device to pull babies out of the womb?

Old 04-16-2003, 10:26 PM   #8
Veteran

villagegal68455 HB User
they believe the respitory failure is caused by a disibility the baby is BORN with, not anything a doctor has done....they think it is missing the part of the brain that tells us to turn our heads and breath fresh air...new research has shown that sids babies are born this way, it's just nobody knows until it happens...what caused that baby to die because of that doctor was simply respiratory failure, not sids....

Old 04-16-2003, 10:27 PM   #9
Veteran

villagegal68455 HB User
and as for the "evidence building that doctors cause sids".......do you go to sids conventions and get the latest research every year........i do.......and my child didn't have a forceps or suction device used on her...she was born with the gentlest of care......

[This message has been edited by villagegal68455 (edited 04-17-2003).]

Old 04-17-2003, 05:22 AM   #10
Inactive

plymouth HB User
Upper cervical distortions occluding the vertebral artery can occur naturlly from many causes, including birth. This does not excuse malpractice.

Of course the sids baby dies from respiratory failure.

That's what sids is.

Respiratory failure occurs when the brain stem dies
from lack of blood supply when the vertebral artery
is occluded.

Old 04-17-2003, 09:23 PM   #11
Veteran

villagegal68455 HB User
your theory fascinates me.......although i don't agree with it myself, it does interest me...

Old 04-18-2003, 05:49 AM   #12
Inactive

plymouth HB User
Wink

If the baby was born with a part of the brain missing, this should be able to be shown in autopsy studies.

Autopsy studies do show vertebral artery occlusion.

This is a very promising theory because it offers to prevent most sids by ending the use of the vacuum devices that they clamp onto the baby's head to pull it out of the wound. No child's head should be subjected to 80 pounds of pressure and then pulled or twisted. That's outrageous!

Even after birth sids could be prevented if nurses were trained to measure and correct upper cervical distortions. They could learn the technique in a weekend seminar or workshop. It's very easy to palpate the tips of the first cervical vertebra, the atlas, to measure tilt, rotation and side-to-side displacements. The structure is very mobile in an infant and the nurse could very easily and gently guide it back into place. I know of cases where this has been done in intensive care units with at risk for sids babies. These were babies expected to die. The monitors showed immediate improvement in their respiration and blood oxygenation. The infants went home within days, happy and healthy and thriving.

There really is hope. Sadly, the paradigm is slow to change.

------------------
~p

[This message has been edited by plymouth (edited 04-18-2003).]

Old 04-25-2003, 01:46 AM   #13
Veteran

villagegal68455 HB User
you said you had a sids death in your family...out of curiousity do they believe the same theory you do...like i said, i don't agree with it myself, but i'm sure it helps them emotionally to think they have the answer...i know it would help me...it's really painful to live not knowing for sure what really happened...it would be nice to believe something so i can sleep a little better at night...

Old 04-25-2003, 02:53 PM   #14
Inactive

plymouth HB User
Question

Quote:
Originally posted by villagegal68455:
i'm sorry to say this, but nothing can stop sids...it's instant......and they still don't know the cause of it...we all hope they find the cause but this still doesn't mean it can be stopped...
I'm sorry to say this, but you are quite wrong.

The recommendation to sleep babies on their back
instead of their stomachs is already stopping sids
and saving lives.

The success of this simple change is consistent with
ten years of research producing 130 studies showing
cervical distortions and vertebral artery occlusion
in sids infants.

A baby with a cervical distortion sleeping on its stomach must turn its head into the distortion thus
completing the occlusion of the vertebral artery.

Of course sids can be stopped by stopping the use of
vacuum devices to deliver children. And even in those
infants whose cervical distortion is not due to such
a device, their lives can be saved by simply training
nurses to gently correct misalignment of very mobile
upper cervical structures.

You sadly seem very committed to a paradigm of hopelessness and death.

Old 04-25-2003, 11:05 PM   #15
Veteran

villagegal68455 HB User
once again, laying the babies on their tummies raises their risks, it's not a cause...it's not the reason...they have come to the conclusion that they are many different reasons...and by you saying that laying them on their tummies is a cause, you are saying that a lot of people have caused their babies deaths...i'm not hopeless at all...i've been researching the subject for years...i don't think blaming anybody is the answer...it's something in the babies bodies that are causing them to die...a lot of women would probably blame themselves if they read this post..they didn't cause it, i didn't cause it, nobody causes it...

Closed Thread