It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Swine Flu (H1N1) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2009, 01:09 AM   #1
(female)

lbr102 HB User
Rash and then flu like symptoms on two occasions

First of all I'm not sure if I am posting this in the right place so apologies! secondly I am sorry for the length!

The weekend before easter, I started to develop a rash on my tummy. By the following morning it had grown to cover my whole tummy and started to go across my chest and down my legs. I went to the GP who said that he thought it was probably the end of a virus. He prescribed me some strong anti-histimines. The rash went away.

On Easter Sunday, I woke up with a really sore throat. Tried to ignore it and just had a couple of cough sweets. By lunch time it was hurting even more and so were my ears. I ate a good lunch and after I started to feel really ill. I felt hot and cold and I was very achey so I ended up back in bed. By the evening my head was hurting as well. Walking was a real effort and to get out of bed took a lot of energy. I couldn't sleep though because I was in a lot of pain and unable to swallow properly.

During this time I was taking ibuprofen and drinking hot milk and in bed with a hot water bottle.

The following day (public holiday), I had to make a long journey back home as I had been staying at my parents. I managed to make it but found it very tiring. The not being able to swallow thing got worse to the point where I felt as though I was salivating more than usual and having to spit it out in to the sink! (Sorry...to much info!!!)

That night I didn't sleep much. Woke up at 5am and decided to go to the walk in GP clinic at the hospital. GP saw me and said I had white spots at the back of my throats. I had my tonsils removed when I was very small but he said that basically I would have tonsilitis if I did have tonsils. He gave me anti-biotics. Over the next couplr of days I took anti-biotics, a spray to freeze the back of my throat, ibuprofen and paracetmol. I lost my voice completley then started to feel much, much better.

Cut forward two weeks. Rash appears on my stomach again but has since dissapeared. Another rash appears on my right arm. This one is bumpier and sort of swollen where as the first one was just a smooth rash. I went to see the GP who said he thought it was an allergy but didn't know what to and gave me some cream. He did mention that it could have been scarlett fever but it tends to come at the same time as the other symptoms and wouldn't reoccur.

This morning I wake up with a very sore throat again. The pain is sort of near the top of my throat, at the back of my mouth and sort of feels like my throat is closing up. I am finding it hard to swallow again and am worried that I am going to get the other symptoms back later. I also possibly had a bit of a fever in the night.

I just don't know what to do! I don't want to waste anyones time but is it an allergy or something more serious?!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
(female)

NATALiE09 HB User
Re: Rash and then flu like symptoms on two occasions

You have the swine flu. Go to the doctor and have them prescribe you Tamiflu immediately.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

AuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB UserAuntieLeela HB User
Re: Rash and then flu like symptoms on two occasions

Sounds like you're having trouble fighting off this infection, see your doctor about treating your severe sore throat. Ask for a throat culture to find out for sure which infection it is. Scarlet fever does look like a good match for your symptoms. http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000974.htm

Your symptoms don't match the symptoms of the swine flu that I've heard of (fever, lethargy, lack of appetite and coughing - some people also have runny nose, sore throat, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea)

Last edited by AuntieLeela; 04-27-2009 at 01:46 PM.

Closed Thread