It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Swine Flu (H1N1) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2009, 04:30 AM   #1
(male)

marley09 HB User
Normal for the Flu??

Hi,

I have been lucky enough to get through 24 years of life and never contract the flu... until now (at least so i think). Can ye can help me to confirm...

About 10 days ago I got a common cold. Runny nose, coughing sneezing, all the normal cold things. I took my usual concocution (fresh garlic, ginger, lemon, manuka honey, dash of whiskey, hot water). I highly recommend this by the way. As usual the concocution worked a treat and the cold moved on in a couple of days. My head was clear and I felt totally fine... for about a day.

Next i started to get this strong pain in my eyes, and in the back of my head. I found myself quite sensitive to light and my body was becomming stiff, especially my neck. Also I got quite a sore throat, in particular a sharp pain when I swallow. I felt completely drained of energy and have a mild fever (no thermometer to confirm). The headache and sore throat was pretty severe for about 3 days I was incapacitated, they are less severe now. I did cough and sneeze but very very little, like a couple of times a day only. I didnt really experience any loss of apetite.

In the past few days my symptoms have changed. The headache and neck pains are mild. I have some moderate cramping in my lower stommach and have loose stools, perhapps you could say mild dirreoha. I find that I'm sweating an incredible amount in bed... so much so that my sheets are wet in the morning. I wake numerous times in the night totally dehydrated and have to take on a lot of water. Actually I feel constantly dehydrated regardless of how muich water I'm taking on. I still have fairly low energy too.

I wondering if this sould like the course of a normal flu? It seems strange to me that my symptoms are constantly changing. Also if it were the infectious flu would my girlfriend have it too? She has slept with me every night (despite me warning her off). Oh and I am in Ireland, which is pretty clear from swine flu so no fear of that I think. Maybe its worth a mention that I havent teken a drug... either prescription or non perscription in 2 years.

And thoughts? Or advice? Would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2009, 02:57 AM   #2
(male)

marley09 HB User
Re: Normal for the Flu??

Anyone have any insight or advice? I'd really appreciate it!

Today most of my symptoms are gone, or are very mild. Still low on energy and I now hae probably the worst sore throat ive ever had. I can barely even swallow. Mo bowels are acting rather strange too

Closed Thread