It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Swine Flu (H1N1) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2009, 10:32 PM   #16
(female)

soravetz HB User
Re: Torn on regular flu shot for 2 year old???

Good to know tjlhb. I didn't know that. I will ask out pediatrician about that.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:33 AM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User
Re: Torn on regular flu shot for 2 year old???

I got the flu 10 years ago and landed in the hospital - almost died. Then I got flu shot every after that incident never got the flu so far and if I did I wasn't as sick. I homeschool my kids so they are not near other kids all the time. Even though they stay home they were getting sick all the time. They are healthy kids but still would get sick. We don't go alot of places but somehow wrong place wrong time sometimes they would get a bad cold, etc. We always wash our hands and my kids take 7 different vitamins and we started to juice our vegetables. We exercise by bike riding. I get my kids the flu shot every year. It contains 3 strands of viruses but there is no guarantee that will be the right strand. I also got H1N1 vaccine for the whole family because my husband has diabetes and I have asthma. I got walking pneumonia last year and it attacked my lungs so bad I didn't think I was going to make it. I have seen the news and I cry for all these beautiful children who died from this horrible virus. It seems this virus doesn't have a set pattern with everyone meaning some people have mild symptoms and others end up in the hospital and could die. This really scares me so I think the odds of having complications from the flu shot are slimmer and would rather have those odds than getting this flu and having myself getting really sick.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread