It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Swine Flu (H1N1) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2009, 02:33 PM   #1
(male)

SeanA1993 HB User
Swine flu advice

Hello im sean,
About two days ago i tested positive for swine flu i was treated by a doctor and was given tamiflu since those two days and taking tamiflu i have felt worse and worse i have trouble breathing shortness of breath. im getting killer headaches and sinus aches i get these weird fellings in my legs and i keep dry coughing which is hard to keep under control i have only thrown up once so far.
but my question is should i seek further medical advice like a hospital or something? or is thiss just all what has to do with swineflu?

Thanks
Sean

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2009, 08:43 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User
Re: Swine flu advice

definitely get to the doctor! You don't want to take the chance of getting a secondary lung infection.

Last edited by wakkochic17; 09-10-2009 at 08:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-10-2009, 09:13 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

I agree...Get yourself back to the doctor for more treatment.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:25 PM   #4
(male)

SeanA1993 HB User

Update:
I went to the doctor as soon as my dad came home.They hooked me up to a nebulizer and i had two rounds of that because they heard me weezing as i breathed.They reccomended i go to the hospital .I am now at the hospital where they are watching me round the clock. i am required to wear a face mask and i fell like a SARS victim.

Old 09-10-2009, 09:34 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Please keep us posted on how you are doing...we wish you well!

Old 09-11-2009, 09:23 AM   #6
(male)

SeanA1993 HB User

so my night in the hospital wasent great at all i got no sleep what so ever. because of my age they would not give me a sleeping medicine because im on the pediatric floor or something.i still have craazy bad headaches and my dry cough is worse then ever the actual doctor came into the room along with med students and each one of them listen to my lungs they all came to the conclusion that i sound like a train wreck lol.My heartbeat is very high its 120 constantly my blood pressure has gone down and is about a little bit above average.
Note im 6'5 and a half and i weigh in at 360 i play football llol.
But they have been giving me iv of some type of steroids and i keep getting the nebulizer treatment which i think has done nothing but make my mouth taste bad.i might stay anthor night.Like i said the doctor said i sounded like a train wreck and he left.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:00 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User

Sean,

You may also be experiencing some side effects from the Tamiflu. Hope you're feeling better. What position do you play on the team?

Old 09-11-2009, 11:27 AM   #8
(male)

SeanA1993 HB User

Right tackle(offense)
Deffensive Tackle

Old 09-11-2009, 11:36 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

rudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB Userrudiraven HB User

You play both ways!! Wow! Team must really be missing you! Which do you prefer offense or defense? How are you feeling today?

Old 09-11-2009, 01:02 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Hey Sean,

I feel for you, being in the hospital. I have spent a lot of time there my self, and it really does suck. Nice that you can have you computer there with you. I imagine it must be pretty weird to be a 6'5" 360lb football player, in the pediatric ward! You should be giving out autographs...

My son was in the hospital with the swine flu (just one night though), and had the tamiflu and the IV's. I am so sorry you are going through this. I'll check back with you throughout the day...

Old 09-11-2009, 07:34 PM   #11
(male)

SeanA1993 HB User

i like defense i find it more fulfilling when you run though people lol.

Yeah i know when they make me walk around i fell like so big haha i tower over everyone and all the nurses just keep asking how tall i am and they make fun of my dad because he is only 6'1 and im 6'5.

they gave me a turkey sandwhich and some soup and i think it made me more sick i got really really nauseous they gave me something for it which right now im not quite sure what is was called also these head aches are still killing me i always have one and its just one of those annoying pains. but right now im about to try to sleep since i have been here i managed to get a total of six hours of sleep they wake me up every four hours and i have this thing about if i get woken up i cant go back to sleep. it quite weird.

So the weezing is the main focus that they wanna fix they have been giving me the nebulizing thing but i dont think it works at all they orderd one for me but im not sure ill be using it alot. they also tried something new they gave me this inhaler thing once again not sure what its called i always ask but never remember the name. the weezing has not improved nor declined. it has been the same. i really have no idea what they are doing. i just hope i get to get some sleep tonight.

-Sean

Old 09-11-2009, 10:00 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

The hospital is no place to get any rest, that's for sure!

The last time I was in the hospital was for meningitus, which also involves a killer headache, and sensitivity to light. That time, I got the most rest, because the nurses left my lights out, and used little flashlights at night, instead of turning the lights on. I was very appreciative of that.

I'll be watching for you, my young friend...Goodnight

Old 09-14-2009, 07:59 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sean,

Haven't been on the computer over the weekend but I wondered how you were doing. I'm assuming you're home now and feeling better.

Old 09-14-2009, 08:27 AM   #14
Inactive
(female)

Hey Sean.

I am wondering how you are doing too. Don't forget to take it real easy, and get over this thing, OK?

Old 09-14-2009, 05:20 PM   #15
(male)

SeanA1993 HB User

ohkay.

so i got discharged sunday.I am now considered an asthmatic person.
i have to do the nebulizer thing 4 times every four hours.i now also take advair? im pretty sure its called. but whatever. im doing fine as of now. i am required to return to school tommarow which is tuesday. Thank you for helping me and giving me the attention i would like.I will be back on the boards whenever i have a problem.This is a great way to get medical advice through the eyes of other people not just doctors.

once again thanks you guys helped me alot =]

-Sean

Closed Thread