It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Swine Flu (H1N1) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #1
(female)

bcolvis HB User
Question Flumist side effects ???'s

I received the flumist h1n1 vaccine on Oct. 13th. A couple of days ago, I started feeling achy. Now I have a bit of a cough. Is this side effects from the vaccine??? How long will it last??? I have a newborn, and I'm really concerned. My DH & DS both got the h1n1 shots this week (they use inhalers) but our baby is only 1 month old he can't get one.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2009, 12:50 PM   #2
(female)

Dawnsdays HB User
Re: Flumist side effects ???'s

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcolvis View Post
I received the flumist h1n1 vaccine on Oct. 13th. A couple of days ago, I started feeling achy. Now I have a bit of a cough. Is this side effects from the vaccine??? How long will it last??? I have a newborn, and I'm really concerned. My DH & DS both got the h1n1 shots this week (they use inhalers) but our baby is only 1 month old he can't get one.
I was wondering what has happened since your post? I am considering getting the flu mist for my kids. What is your advice? My son would need the shot because he has asthma. What became of your symptoms? Thanks, Dawn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2009, 12:55 PM   #3
(female)

bcolvis HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnsdays View Post
I was wondering what has happened since your post? I am considering getting the flu mist for my kids. What is your advice? My son would need the shot because he has asthma. What became of your symptoms? Thanks, Dawn
Well I just posted, so I'm still experiencing this, so I can't answer your question just yet. Maybe someone else can help?

Old 10-23-2009, 02:44 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

My family got the shot - so far my kids and I are doing fine. My husband got the H1n1 shot yesterday and he started to cough alot. He has diabetes and I have asthma. I looked up on the internet the side effects and I read if you do experience coughing, fever, body aches call your doctor. It also said you won't get the flu from the shot or the mist. The virus is non-active basically dead. It said it is a good thing if you experience body aches, and coughing because your immune system is working to fight it. I saw on the news if you get a fever after the flu shot don't take aspirin or any other pain reliever because then the flu shot won't be any good. Your body needs to fight off everything after the shot. So that is what I read.

Closed Thread