It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Swine Flu (H1N1) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2009, 08:05 PM   #1
(female)

pinkrebecca HB User
New here and scared

I have been sick for 19 days now and have been to the doctor 4 times. I went to Urgent Care on Sunday because I can't breathe well and they took a chest XRay and said it is bronchitis and the flu. They put me on Zithromax. I went back to the doctor on Tuesday because I was no better and he took a blood test. Apparently my white blood cell count is up to 10,000 and I am anemic. He said the Zithromax should make me feel better. I am no better today and I am really starting to freak out. If this bronchitis turns into pneumonia does that mean I am going to die from this? I am going back to see him tomorrow so that he can see if it is pneumonia but I am scared and wanted to know if anyone else has had this experience and got better?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2009, 11:47 PM   #2
(female)

soravetz HB User
Re: New here and scared

Sounds like you are doing a great job staying on top of your health. If you get pneumonia it does not mean you will die. Thousands of people get pneumonia each year and survive it just fine. In fact, I have a 70 year old uncle right now with it and he is battling it just fine. Just keep up on your health like you are and if you are unhappy with the decisions your doctor is making, get a second opinion. You know your body best. If you are living alone, maybe ask a friend to stay with you while you are sick to help you out. It will be a nice distraction from your worry.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2009, 02:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

You keeping on top of it is the best thing you can do. I had walking pneumonia last year. It is tough to beat but your doing a good job. I was sick for two weeks and wasn't getting better. Then it developed into walking pneumonia within 7 days of diagnosis and being on strong antibiotic I got rid of it. It took me a month to get my lungs back into shape though. I couldn't exercise but during that month of healing I was working and doing everything else normal in my life. Just don't panic, your body needs all the energy it can get to heal yourself and by you worrying won't help. I knew I had walking pneumonia because my breathing was stressed and hurt sometimes when I took a deep breath.

Old 10-23-2009, 01:21 PM   #4
(female)

Dawnsdays HB User

I would start immediately taking in as much antiviral foods as possible. Chew on raw garlic cloves, take a teaspoon of coconut oil, cranberries are also antiviral although I don't know how to prepare them (it doesn't say), dandelion root, pau d' arco tea, and eat lots of mangoes. These are all natural antivirals. And just keep up with the doctors. Don't take any chances. I'll say a prayer for you. Good luck.

Closed Thread