It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Swine Flu (H1N1) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2009, 07:50 AM   #1
(male)

xxnonamexx HB User
How To prevent? Vaccine too dangerous?

I read the chemicals in the untested H1N1 flu vaccine and for health care workers to be against it as well as some doctors you know its not safe. What can you take to prevent it? Best way is to keep immune system boosted. I have read a teasponon of honey before you sleep, elderberry juice, chia seeds, and stay away from sugar and alcohol. increase fiber, fruits and veggies and take probiotics. ANy other ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2009, 10:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

tjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB Usertjlhb HB User
Re: How To prevent? Vaccine too dangerous?

The vaccine for the 2009 novel H1N1 "swine" flu virus in the US is the same as for the seasonal flu, except for the different strain of virus. Meaning no adjuvants (squalene or otherwise), and thimerosal-free versions are available.

While no vaccine is risk-free, the risk of serious problems from the flu vaccine (for those without known allergies to vaccine components like eggs) is orders of magnitude lower than the risk of death or serious problems from the flu.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2009, 01:14 PM   #3
(female)

Dawnsdays HB User

Dr. Oz says everyone should be on omega 3 fish oil supplement, vitamin d, probiotics and prebiotics (onions and garlic), north american ginseng, & practice lots of handwashing and hand sanitizers, and avoid sugar. These things will keep your immune system strong. If you do get the swine flu. Natural antivirals are mangoes, garlic, cranberries, dandelion root, and pau d' arco tea. I plan on eating a raw garlic clove a day when it comes around where I live. And vitamin d you can take up to 10,000 IU's for 3 days at first onset of flu.

Old 10-27-2009, 12:47 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

fufu HB Userfufu HB User

Did you know that 10,000 IU's of vitamin D is way too much?
Vitamin d is great though taken in high doses it can be toxic
and even fatal.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:53 PM   #5
(female)

Dawnsdays HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fufu View Post
Did you know that 10,000 IU's of vitamin D is way too much?
Vitamin d is great though taken in high doses it can be toxic
and even fatal.
I read Dr. Mercola's articles and he is a licesnced MD and says you can take 10,000 IU's for 3 days at the onset of the flu to wipe it out. I'm sure he wouldn't suggest something that is fatal or toxic. pIt makes great sense.

Last edited by moderator2; 10-27-2009 at 04:23 PM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Old 10-27-2009, 04:18 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

gigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB Usergigi11 HB User

I did everything Dr. Oz said and been doing this since a year ago. I take 11 different supplements plus my kids take 7 different ones. I went to acupuncture and I do meditation. We kept washing our hands and avoided over populated places. You name it, I did it. Well, last week my husband brought home a nasty virus. We think it is H1N1 because it hit our chest first with a nasty cough, congestion, fever, and dizzy symptoms. We all went to the doctor and my husband got a h1n1 test which came back negative. Some people tell me these tests are not accurate. Everyone is telling me who has had h1n1 said my symptoms sound like theirs. It hit my whole house my husband went down Friday - my daughter and I got sick Saturday, and my son Saturday night. My sons temp went up to 103 degrees. Now my step son (13 years old) didn't get it yet. I am glad he didn't but just curious why a person who only eats macroni and cheese is immune to this while me and the rest of the family are health conscious and were knocked out right away. My husband said he knows people who smoke mostly their entire life hardly get sick. My question is - is it worth spending all this money and getting fit?

Old 11-03-2009, 11:52 AM   #7
(male)

guy555 HB User

Did you hear that the active ingredient, propylene glycol in Electronic cigarettes might be a deterrent against swine flu being in the air. A researcher filled an aquarium tank with mice and sprayed the air down with vaporized propylene glycol (same ingredient used in electronic cigarette vapor) and then he sprayed the same air down with the influenza virus...all the mice lived. He redid the experiment without the propylene glycol vapor and just sprayed the mice with the influenza and they all died.

Last edited by moderator2; 11-03-2009 at 02:06 PM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Old 11-03-2009, 01:42 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

fufu HB Userfufu HB User

I must say that at this point everything about the swine flu and the vaccine is quite confusing. First of all, certain people are saying boost up your immune system whether you choose to eat anti viral food or pop vitamins or eat probiotic yogourt, etc. Why is it that a large majority of people that are very sick or even die because of the swine flu have really strong immune systems with no underlying medical conditions. Obviously, something isn't making sense here. As for smokers never getting sick, not true at all.
Actually the swine flu is a respiratory virus therefore it hits the lungs therefore a smoker is more likely to develop complications because there lungs are much weaker. As for you gigi you did nothing wrong and you should stick to your healthy lifestyle it's not for nothing, it happenned you got it, most people will but in terms of other diseases prevention through healthy lifestyle is important. We try to do what we can, this particular virus is unpredictable and is claiming the lives of the young and healthy with strong immune systems. Myself a couple of weeks ago i read on foods that boost your immune system and on anti viral foods only to realize an hour later that a lot of the victims were healthy individuals with strong immune systems. So we all try and we do our best and we pray we don't get it but it is truly out of our control.
I wish a quick recovery to everyone who has it and everyone who will be getting it.

Old 11-14-2009, 08:29 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User

the vaccination is as safe as the seasonal flu vaccination. There are no adjuvants in the vaccinations sent to the usa. They have not approved it here, so dont worry about that. The single dose vaccination has no preservatives either. Some have trace amt of mercury and some dont it depends on the company your vaccine came from. No doctor today will force it everyone is more concerned with lawsuits then anything else. The vaccine is made the same, i mean the same exact way but they using different viruses, dead. it would never have been a seperate vaccination but they produced it later then the seasonal so its seperate, and it would not have been otherwise.This is not 1976 ans people need to stop scaring each other so intensly.Its terrible. They made it quicker, yes, but they had too so there would not be a lot of deaths, they did not do it to hurt anyone, they did it to help. Its free to many poor people in many states so people can stop saying they are pushing it to make a buck, its a huge lie. Anyway, i cant say its safe or unsafe just that its has the same saftey level as any other flu vaccine.You want to be scared take a walk into the pediatric unit where the swine flu is prevalent..se how sick some of these kids get...thats scary.No one is talking about that either. No one is mentioning that 80-140 persons get gullian barr from a virus and from the flu haveing nothing to do with the vaccine in the first place. everyone is jumping on the band wagon to be ok with getting sick, and thats fine..because that a personnal choice. I did get the vaccine and so did my kids, and yes we are scared but my daughter was high risk from getting sick as a toddler from the flu. I know two people personnally who died from the complication so it was a hard choice and yes i am scared of the fact we did get vaccinated, but i would have been scared either way. You can eat all the healthy foods and thats a great idea but if you come in direct contact with the virus i think the odds are high what the end result would be. Its really a hard decision this year because of what happened in 1976 but its 2009 now and believe me im sure technollogy has evolved. The shot has been in use for at least two solid months now over millions and millions of people i think there are 5 gbs cases so the risk is about one in a million, yes, its scary im not denying that.90 kids have died in october in the usa..these are the facts,Good luck in your decision. I'm sure having a good diet will help either way you deciede.it would be nice if they actually did a little test run on all the alternative methods and see how they fared out during this pandemic..i do wonder if they stayed healthier.

Old 11-18-2009, 08:41 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Frynd1 HB User

First and foremost, I dont open doors with my hands. I tap the handicapped button with my knee and wait for it to open. I go to college where there is a huge outbreak of the swine right now. If there isnt a button to push, I wrap my hand in my sleeve and push with my elbow...lol. Sounds weird, but think about all the germs that are on doors (to wal-mart, meijers, the grocery store, work, ect) I also carry hand sanitizer with me. I use it after I go to a public place. Lastly, I take vitamin C every day. You can either buy Emergen-C or EsterC. I just put it in a cup of water (its kind of like taking AirBorne) and I havent gotten sick.. yet

Old 11-18-2009, 09:34 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

neffie663 HB User

Ive read that green tea is as good as tamiflu. My dr put me on 50,000iu of vit D 2x a week you will not die it is when you take it for months and yrs that it becomes toxic.I know women who take 5000iu a day for yrs.

Old 11-20-2009, 06:05 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User

I was vaccinated ten days ago...I'm still nervous I took the vaccine, why? Solely and only because of the people on the internet scarring the daylights out of me that I'm going to get I'll from the vaccine.I've never been so scared before and until a couple of weeks pass I hope my mind is strong.I think all this hype is downright evil!!!I use integrated dr's and meds and I got the vaccine.A strong immune system will not stop the flu, you do realize this right???? the h1n1 is so scary because it seems to sicken those with a strong immune system anyway..the kids.I think the Internet stinks in handling this controversy abd I think it stinks I'm so scared now for getting the vaccine!!!the mind is a powerful tool.60 min showed a quick film on the making of the vaccine.BY the way Its only a two month defference in time from the production and distribution of the seasonal flu.No one does years of testing, it's made 8 mths prior to the flu season of that year.They watch the countries and obtain the flu they get opposite
our season and then use that flu in the vaccine. I. Seriously can't stand all this fear induced nasty info. I keep reading.Its really mentally killing me and scaring me and millions of other people. I had to get the vaccine, and i just read from the who report out of 65 million there are are 10 confirmed gb cases, whicj is even less then one in a million and every virus or vaccine can have that horrid,rare effect (god forbid)We live in a very different world now then 1976 and people must recognize that. No government is perfect, no health care is perfect , i think we all need to support each other and we would be a better world for it. And that rush limbaugh guy should keep his opinions to himself because he has a host of self medicating problems with drugs and therefore i think his lousy vaccine opinion is worthless, he likes to stir up people. Dr. Mercola has the right to his opinion, but thats all it is, and some of the advice is honestly dangerous for the average person who is unfamiliar with alternative care.If he wants to come to my home and guide us personally that would be lovely, believe me if something goes wrong he would not admit or help you, he would tell you it was his opinion but your problem or you did it wrong..he is not ahyones personal doctor on the internet or tv. I do not even think hospitals are equipt or knowledgable what to do if people start overdosing on vitamins and herbs from all the fear out there, its dangerous and stupid. Many people are ill and need the vaccine. Not everyone can afford a few hundred dollars to even obtain the alternative suppliments, many people will end up with allergic reactions from it, for no good reason. Fear is a mind killer and we truely need to be supportive towards each other and not post scarry, horryfying stories because peoploe can get mentally ill from believing that. I feel like I did something dangerous for getting a vaccine.....ugh!!!But i do know the flu can kill me for sure, i am in the risk category.Every one should make their own sound decision, but at least base it on facts, the vaccine has now been in use for about three months on 65 million people..check that data and talk to your own doctors who know you, rather than basing your decision on all this hype of conspiracy (stupid!!!) or that the vaccine was rushed. Its a personnal choice.Its like a double edged sword with people these days and its just wrong already.Believe me if they never made the vaccine or gave it to the usa citizens they would be screaming anyway.

Last edited by itburns2004; 11-20-2009 at 07:22 AM. Reason: Spelling-update

Closed Thread