It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Swine Flu (H1N1) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-23-2009, 12:14 PM   #1
(female)

wsmomkim2 HB User
Epilepsy and Swine Flu Shot?

I have read a lot from different Moms about the H1N1 shot that have children with no underlying medical issues but not any from Moms with conditions. My dd is 8 and has seizure disorder. She has been seizure free for 3 1/2 years. She has not had any vaccines since being seizure free. I am reading so many horror stories about healthy children and also about kids with chronic conditions like seizure disorder. I have no idea whether to get this vaccine. Her neuro NP said that kids with seizure disorder can't handle it the way "healthy kids" bodies can. She said something about their bodies can't handle it and the neurons in their brains fire more with it. She said that they have a few kids in the hospital with the swine flu and one is on a ventilator.

Any advice? I don't want to mess anything up since she has been seizure free from hers meds by giving her the vaccine but am worried about her getting it.

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
(female)

Dawnsdays HB User
Re: Epilepsy and Swine Flu Shot?

I'm confused. Is it the shot or the swine flu that kids with seizure disorders can't handle?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-23-2009, 01:30 PM   #3
(female)

wsmomkim2 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnsdays View Post
I'm confused. Is it the shot or the swine flu that kids with seizure disorders can't handle?
The swine flu.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:14 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

niecsey HB Userniecsey HB User

Hi my daughters been seizure free for about the same amount of time as your daughter.. l surely hope they dont catch it! I will be worried sick if she does she has little break through fits but not full blown ones it is so worrying and theres hardly any info for those with conditions. Will keep watching the post x

Closed Thread