It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Swine Flu (H1N1) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2009, 11:09 PM   #1
(female)

wspencer HB User
Flu-like symptoms without fever?

Hello all

Has anyone had flu-like symptoms without having a fever? In fact, my body temp is low (for me) at 96.5 degrees. However, I have severe body aches, fatigue (but I'm not sleepy), bad dizziness, chills, sometimes what feels like hot flashes, and oddly I feel SO confused much of the day. It's been going on for a couple of days now but as I mentioned, all without a fever. Plus, I do not have a cough or congestion - how confusing but man do I feel sick!

Anyone?

Thank you!

Sorry - also needed to add that I've been extremely nauseous and have had a bit of diarrhea.

Last edited by wspencer; 10-24-2009 at 11:14 PM.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:16 AM   #2
(female)

Dawnsdays HB User
Re: Flu-like symptoms without fever?

Everything I have heard says you would have a horrible cough. Have the doctore check you for the h1n1 virus. Hope you feel better soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

fufu HB Userfufu HB User

Apparently fever is a major symptom. I believe that not everyone gets nausea and not everyone has a cough, though like i said before fever is the major symptom. The fact that you're feeling dizzy can be a sign of dehydration, you mentioned having a bit of diarrhea are you also vomitting? You should be having lots of fluids. It can even be a cold.
Take care.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:51 PM   #4
(female)

everybody smile HB User

Hi WSpencer, I see you're in the Boston area - I'm on the south shore. There is at least one nasty cold/stomach bug going around this area in addition to the H1N1 virus. (As I posted here in another thread,) my son was home with severe nausea and much of what you describe for 4 solid days before it broke... there was no fever, and in fact he registered cold - I though my thermometer was broken.

He was better on Friday/Saturday, Today however he has a bad cough, aches and fever as well as a strange abscess on his foot unlike anything I've ever seen. This is most likely something new hitting him - but he only had contact with the outside world for a few minutes yesterday, so I did wonder if the H1N1 virus could start off as a bad cold and progress into something worse after a week.

Even if this isn't the Swine flu you have, you still have an illness that needs care & rest. Stay hydrated and drink lots of chicken noodle soup. (it saved my eldest son, but that's a story for another day) I hope you're feeling better soon!

Last edited by everybody smile; 10-25-2009 at 02:10 PM. Reason: typo

Old 10-25-2009, 04:01 PM   #5
(female)

wspencer HB User

Thank you everyone for your reply and S.Shore - hope everyone in your home will be okay! I'm sure by riding the T everyday, we've all had a great chance of catching some sort of illness!

I did find out that many people with H1N1 have had the flu without a fever. (Estimated at 30%) They say doctors are having a problem diagnosing it as such because of the lack of a fever, people are more likely not to go to get it checked out.

I definitely don't want to go crazy thinking I have the virus but I will probably get checked out soon if these symptoms don't subside.

Still feeling like a truck ran over me and I drink more water probably than the average person every single day so I'm pretty sure it's not dehydration.

Hey, this does give me a good excuse to slow down and stay in bed a little longer!

Thanks again!

Old 03-09-2010, 02:15 PM   #6
(female)

MJH85 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wspencer View Post
Hello all

Has anyone had flu-like symptoms without having a fever? In fact, my body temp is low (for me) at 96.5 degrees. However, I have severe body aches, fatigue (but I'm not sleepy), bad dizziness, chills, sometimes what feels like hot flashes, and oddly I feel SO confused much of the day. It's been going on for a couple of days now but as I mentioned, all without a fever. Plus, I do not have a cough or congestion - how confusing but man do I feel sick!

Anyone?

Thank you!

Sorry - also needed to add that I've been extremely nauseous and have had a bit of diarrhea.
The same thing hit me unexpectedly at work! At first my heart started racing. I thought I was having a panic attack. But once I came home the symptoms you described took over me. Im currently recovering from those symptoms. I have no clue what I have! It was very scary because I had no fever or symptoms relating to a cold ( runny nose, cough...)

Old 03-24-2010, 03:00 PM   #7
(male)

Rocket HB User

Quote:
Hello all

Anyone?

Thank you!

I got symptoms like you had in 09. did you find anything that helped? I have had this for a month now.....thanks, Rocket

Old 03-25-2010, 04:31 AM   #8
(female)

gourockbird HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
I got symptoms like you had in 09. did you find anything that helped? I have had this for a month now.....thanks, Rocket
Hi there, I also get flu like symptoms. I wake up with every joint aching and feel cold and then sweaty. I think it is just all part of my fibromyalgia. I have experienced these symptoms for years now and at least I now know it is not the flu.

Old 01-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #9
(female)

djc4294 HB User

Sounds like what I've been having for two week on and off..I finally decided if I still have this I'll check with my physician assistent next week.
I hope you feel better soon.

Quote:
Hello all

Anyone?

Thank you!

Old 02-28-2012, 02:49 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

mishapookie HB User
Exclamation Re: Flu-like symptoms without fever?

I don't won't to stress anyone out.. Have you had new sexual partners lately? Or had unsafe sex?

Just to be on the safe side please get checked for HSV1 or HSV2. I know that is a scary jump in topics... but it is the most under checked reason for flu-like symptoms... especially if they have been going on for a few weeks! Can't hurt to be checked.. just have them check by blood test if you don't have any weird bumps or etc?

Women have a harder time for finding bumps and sores because they can be on inside of vagina.. i.e. - have you been having weird yeast or bacterial infections also?

It is a scary thought.. but please get checked. It isn't something you want to pass on even if it is something that usually just causes a rash or two occasionally. There are also other more intense issues such as flu-like symptoms EACH breakout, or other weird symptoms... other people never even have an issue. Each person is different.

It is a viral infection like chicken pox or shingles in that it stays in your system forever and most doctors do not add it to the STD tests!! They blow off issues from it. Anyway, I do hope you have something simple such as a weird code or flu or so-called "normal" cold or other virus.

M

Old 11-26-2012, 07:05 PM   #11
(female)

student109 HB User

I was just diagnosed with the flu and bronchitis today. I have been sick for over a month and don't have a fever so I suppose it is possible to have the flu without a fever but I have been coughing as well.. I hope you found out what was wrong and are feeling better..

Old 01-15-2013, 06:50 PM   #12
(female)

Mosko1004 HB User

Wspencer, Thanks for your blog. Yesterday my 14 yr. old daughter woke feeling nauseous, went to school and began feeling chills, achey and a headache. I took her to her Dr. and she was put on Tamiflu although NO fever was present. Last night she woke sweating in 68 degrees 2 x's still with NO fever. All day today she has been having muscle soreness and pain as well as a sore throat. Still no fever... Wonder if this is what you have describes as well. Dr. seemed to think the fever may come on soon, but it has been 2 days now. I was somewhat relieved to see your post. Thanks for sharing..

Closed Thread