It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Swine Flu (H1N1) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2009, 10:30 AM   #1
(female)

oldfashiongirl HB User
No cough - does that mean it's not H1n1?

I have most of the swine flu sypmtoms - high fever, body aches, chills, and now my nose is extremely plugged as is one of my ears. I have a slight mucusy cough. I came down with the fever on Thursday and here it is Sunday and I don't feel all that much better. I had heard that most flu cases right now are swine flu because the regular seasonal flu hasn't really started going around yet. I live in an area where some of the schools have 1/4 of the students out with swine flu. So, is it likely that I have it too even though I don't have a bad cough? Also, should I still get the vaccine even if I think I've already had the swine flu but am not sure?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2009, 10:43 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

fufu HB Userfufu HB User
Re: No cough - does that mean it's not H1n1?

I don't necessarily believe that everyone has all the symptoms. Everyone is different some people even get nausea but not everybody does. If you have fever and body aches chances are it is the swine flu and you're right apparently the regular flu has not started yet. The thing is you are not sure if you have the swine flu. If you are sure you should definately not get the vaccine as once you get it you're body produces antibodies so you will not need the vaccine. Hope you feel better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-25-2009, 05:17 PM   #3
(female)

Dawnsdays HB User

Go in and get tested to see if it is swine. If it is you do not need to get the vaccine. You will have natural antibodies built up that you will not catch it again. Also, you're cough may not be much now, but get worse as the days go on. Start eating as many natural antivirals as you can. Chew on raw garlic cloves (1 or 2 a day), take a big spoonful of coconut oil, eat lots of mangoes, eat cranberries, and if you can find someone to go to a healtfood store or vitamin shoppe, have them pick you up some pau d' arco, and elderberry tincture. You can look all these up. They all are antiviral. Good luck to you!

Old 11-19-2009, 06:09 PM   #4
(female)

chronicpaingirl HB User

I have the same thing and yes you have the swine flu,Iam on day three,my doc put me on tamiflu right away my fever is down to 100.5 and I still get cold and hot and extremely weak,I wish I knew how long this is going to last.Hope you feel better and I hope you are on tamiflu.

Closed Thread