It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Swine Flu (H1N1) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2009, 10:23 AM   #1
(female)

tb779 HB User
Swine flu & mild meningitis

My 15 year old daughter has been sick for a solid two weeks. Stuffy nose, cough, low grade fever off and on and sometime lower than normal. headache and body aches. This week she was transported to the ER with severe headache, weakness in her legs body aches, low grade fever then again lower than normal. The urgent care doctor who had her transported was afraid she had meningitis. The ER doctor said she had the flu, he stated that there are no tests being given for swine flu unless you are admitted to the hospital. She had a nasal swab when she first started having the symptoms it was negative for the flu. The ER doc said there are a lot of false negatives. They did do a lumbar puncture and the results were low CSF glucose. This has been the sickest my daughter has ever been even when she had pnuemonia several years ago. She is beginning to have periods of time when she is feeling better, but i am wondering when it would be safe to go back to school. I never received a definitive diagnosis on the flu or mild meningitis. I am scared of her relapsing because we have been going through the feeling better then each time she gets worse the next time. When will this virus end.

Old 10-29-2009, 07:39 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: Swine flu & mild meningitis

I am so sorry to hear about how ill your daughter is. I pray she gets better soon.This is all so scary for us. I think my stepson who is 12 has had it. He has mainly been staying with his mom. But he has had the body aches, fever and headaches. Even after everything else has passed he still has these crazy headaches that we can't figure out. I wonder if that is part of this H1N1? It sure seems to be.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-30-2009, 03:44 PM   #3
(female)

kbugg HB User
Re: Swine flu & mild meningitis

How is your daughter today? We are on day 7 with our 9 (almost 10) year old. We are exhausted. He tested negative for H1N1 last friday....He sounds awful, feels awful. I'm still scared - I don't know if he's out of the woods. He has asthma and after 2 days of fever it went straight into asthma. We have the "dry" cough and the asthma attack. It is so scary. No stomach issues..... though

Closed Thread