It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Swine Flu (H1N1) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2009, 06:12 AM   #16
(female)

Dawnsdays HB User
Re: H1N1 what are your children's experiences

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmom View Post
I am trying to figure out if my kids had the swine flu. My kids 9, 5, and 2 all came down with it at different times, they had sudden onset of fever and chills, nausea and vommiting, muscle aches and headache. They never had a cough though but all ended up with a sore throat. The fever only lasted for about 36 hours but all of them had a fever of 104 at one point. My husband even got it and had a sore throat for 3 days afterwards. My question is could this be swine flu even though none of them had a cough?
Yes, it could be. I was told that I have the swine flu and I never got a cough. But I had all the symptoms you describe. I also have really swollen glands in my neck and my throat has been really sore. Night sweats were really bad the first couple of nights on top of bad chills.

Old 11-03-2009, 03:37 PM   #17
(female)

Lovemydegus HB User

My son got the flu a few weeks ago with all the same symptoms you guys are describing, fever, body aches, headache, vomiting, and cough. But he was better 5 days later and back to school, so I'm not worried about the flu at all, I've seen much worse like strep throat.

And our hospitals are refusing to give Tamiflu to most of the public cause all the pharmacies are out and dont have enough to give to people who's life really does depend on it like pregnant women. So they just say to treat the symptoms, so I did and my son was up and playing and back to school 5 days later.

So truthfully I think the news has people freaking out too much about something that isnt all that bad just to get the public all upset for reasons I dont know why, but their doing a good job of it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2009, 03:56 PM   #18
(female)

BNLsMOM HB User

My son has been sick for 5 days and his fever keeps going up and down. He experiences dizziness and the feeling like everything in the room around him is shrinking. He has a terrible cough, and other flu-like symptoms.

When his fever is down he is able to play, but when it goes back up he is hardly able to move.

I am guessing it must be H1N1, although the doctor won't see him. They said to just treat the symptoms and keep him comfortable. Hopefully he'll be back at school soon. He'll be missing his 4th day tomorrow.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:40 AM   #19
(female)

shawn1967 HB User

I have been hearing that some people are through it in 5 days. It seems to be taking most of my family all longer than 5 days. I was sick with a fever for 8 days.

My 5 year old had a fever for 10 days

My 12 year old is going on day 8 now.

My son with asthma had a fever for 5 days.

I'm hoping my 12 year old wakes up fever free today. She has been running 103 for the past 2 days.

Closed Thread