It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Swine Flu (H1N1) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2009, 06:10 AM   #1
(male)

bionic man HB User
RA and flu + swine flu vaccine

Hello friends...I hope you had a good Halloween!

Can you help me with ....this weeks scary dilemma?

I'm on Methotrexate + other meds for the RA. I'm scheduled for a flu jab this week and a swine flu vaccine...next week.

My question: has anyone with RA (and possibly on methotrexate) had both vaccines? Or, seen or read any evidence this may NOT be a good cocktail of meds?

As always, I appreciate your comments and any personal experiences relating to this...that you would be willing to share with me.

Thanks

Old 11-02-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
(female)

TisJustMe HB User
Re: RA and flu + swine flu vaccine

Hi Bionic,

Read my post called Lupus & H1N1 on this board. I'm probably on alot of the same meds as you, the immunosupressants are the ones that are the problem. Our immune systems are supressed for a reason - rheumatoid arthritis and lupus are both autoimmune diseases so meddling around with them by getting a vaccine that includes an immune booster could definitely effect us negatively. Where are you? I've put the info about the 2 versions of the vaccine being given out in Ontario, Canada. I'm not sure about other countries versions or whether they are just adding it to the regular flu shot mix....

Tis

Last edited by moderator2; 11-02-2009 at 02:26 PM. Reason: please do not quote when you are the first to reply

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2009, 12:43 AM   #3
(male)

bionic man HB User
Re: RA and flu + swine flu vaccine

Thanks TJM...I will take a look at your post re Lupus HN1. It's a rock and a hard place siuation. I keep hearing "you don't want to get the swine flu"..then I read about the lack of clinical trials and vaccine failures and I feel it's all too much to have to take on board and try and make a reliable and intelligently informed decsion....I know,"tell me about it" . Todays revelation is...I shouldn't have be on daily (70m) aspirin especially NOT while I'm taking steroids....well, at least I know now.

I appreciate you taking the time toshare your thoughts.These boards are important, it helps us all share the knowledge and experiences and identify the facts and eliminate fiction.

By the way, I'm in the UK. The SWvaccine is due in the next couple of weeks.

Have a good day

Closed Thread