It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Swine Flu (H1N1) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2009, 08:58 AM   #1
(female)

01srm HB User
Other viruses in circulation?

Hi everyone, I've had the flu for a week now and it feels like it was H1N1 but I was not tested because they are not testing anyone unless they have complications or some underlying issues (which I did not). I was under the impression that seasonal flu had not yet hit Canada so that if you had the flu, it was pretty much guaranteed it was H1N1. Can anyone confirm this with a source? I've researched to see if I could find what other influenza is out there but with no success. Thanks!

Old 11-06-2009, 11:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User
Re: Other viruses in circulation?

It's the same here in the states.. from what I've understood everyone they do test has come back with H1N1, no positive tests for any other strain. Generally the seasonal flu doesn't pop up here until late December.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2009, 04:47 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

fufu HB Userfufu HB User

I don't have a source because i've done so much research i don't remember the sources.
you most likely did have the h1n1 because apparently the regular flu has not yet arrived in canada. There are about nine viruses circulating right now and some have the same symptoms of the flu, though they say a flu is fever accompanied with at least one more symptom, it can be fatigue, body aches, cough, etc. Also the fever with a flu tends to be higher than with a virus, that is in most cases. Check out "Health Canada" on the web
perhaps you will be able to find the information you're looking for. I hope you feel better,
apparently the h1n1 flu is brutal did you find that it was worse then the regular flu?

Old 11-07-2009, 06:30 AM   #4
(female)

01srm HB User

Hey Fufu, Yes it hit very quickly and fairly hard. I haven't had the flu in many, many years (and no I rarely get the flu shot) so it was a shock. My fever was not that high but the coughing and teh chest pains that it caused were incredible. I ould feel every single one of my ribs and I hurt everywhere from the waist up! I have never been this sick before. My 6-year-old daughter fared better. She had much higher fever but less coughing and just rebounded back quicker. I'm still dizzy and dragging my feet after 7 days.

Old 11-07-2009, 08:59 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

fufu HB Userfufu HB User

Sounds like you do have the H1N1, apparently it is brutal and does come with a bad cough and chest congestion. Hope you do feel better. Many people are complaining that they don't get tested to confirm if they have it or not, which i do understand that that would be way too much on the health care system, though i thoink if they would test people that do have the symptoms at the least they would know and they would not have to get the vaccine because once you've had it your body produces antibodies and you cannot get it again. Hope you feel better.

Closed Thread