It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Swine Flu (H1N1) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2009, 12:24 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

suggi HB User
New H1N1 flu vaccine

! have been researching a company in Connecticut since beginning of summer when I accidentally came across an article. It uses a new technology for their flu vaccines.
I have called them and they can make the vaccine in half the time it takes using eggs and also if the virus mutates it only takes about one day to change the structure of the vaccine to keep up with the mutation. The clinical trials in Australia were completed and have been successful. The way I understand it, vaccine is being shipped to Australia and China. The person I spoke to said FDA approval is slow and at best it will not be approved until after January if at all. That doesn't help us. I would think now that the President has declared a national emergency and an IV antiviral drug was OK'd for use before FDA approval in hospitals, that this vaccine would be a top priority for distribution in the US. Since there is a vaccine shortage this company could have most of the US vaccinated against H1N1 before the other "egg based" companies get their vaccine to us. Here is a company right in our back yard with what seems to be better technology and we can not access it. It is going overseas.
The company said they are willing to share their technology so it should be a win win situation.
Maybe we could prevent a lot of deaths here in the US if we could have access to it.. Their vaccines do not contain antibiotics, preservatives or eggs so it seems anyone with allergies to flu shots would be able to get it without fear of a reaction - esp. for those allergic to eggs, thimerasol, etc..

I am sure I am not the only one who has seen this and is upset that it is not available.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread