It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Swine Flu (H1N1) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2009, 09:40 AM   #16
(female)

angelee12 HB User
Re: I will always wonder

It really doesn't matter if you get tested. The test are only right 40% of the time, so my doctor said. My test was negative and he still diagnosed it as H1N1. He said the only accurate way was to send it to the CDC and that takes about 3 weeks. Well hopefully you will be better before then. I got to feeling better then got a secondary resperitory infection. Still coughing and chest pains. 4 weeks now. I do feel better after 2 antibiotics and steroids. Cough is still hanging on. I have asthma, so he said that makes it worse for me. I have never coughed so much or hard in my life.
I called the dr the first day it hit me. It has to be within first 48 hours to get Tamiflu. It hits hard and fast. I knew it didn't feel like the regular flu. Fever was 101.5 and aches all over. Horrible green drainage. It was rough for first 3-4 days. Just have to wait it out. There were several times I thought I was going to have to go to ER because I felt like I couldn't breathe. Dear hubby spent 5 nights in the camper to make sure not to catch it.
Good Luck!! Those whe get it, get lots of rest and fluids and wait for it to pass.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:46 AM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User
Re: I will always wonder

Well it's 2 days later and I feel pretty much back to normal. A little weak and shaky but no fever or diarrea. I never did get a cough or anything like that. I am thinking I had the seasonal flu. But who knows. It still wasn't good regardless. Get well all and stay healthy!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread