It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Swine Flu (H1N1) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2009, 09:38 PM   #1
(female)

reneew10 HB User
What precautions are you taking?

The Swine flu pandemic has been a hot topic for months now. There is still so much unknown about the virus, and there are so many weaknesses in response to the outbreak that include the understanding of symptoms, vaccine shortages, and proper medical treatment. Has the risk of Swine Flu exposure been addressed by your family? What personal precautions do you take? Have you been vaccinated?

Old 12-01-2009, 06:17 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wakkochic17 HB User
Re: What precautions are you taking?

there is very little access to vaccines around here, I'm just being cautious as to what I touch, being careful not to touch my face as much and also living with hand-sanitizer!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-01-2009, 11:44 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

hanna109 HB User

At our home we are washing hands alot more, using sanitizer and I've made it a point to wipe every surface I can think of like door handles, toilet handles, light switches, phones, remotes controls, computer equipment. I"m trying to wipe as much at work too, phones, computers, hands. I"m also avoiding eating foods that are eaten with fingers like chips, sandwiches. < edited >

Last edited by hb-mod; 12-02-2009 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Please don't post disallowed websites, or copy and paste, as per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:08 AM   #4
(female)

Rafelia HB User

I haven't had a cold or flu since 1999, when I started researching supplements--and changed my diet and lifestyle.

I take odorless garlic soft gels regularly, 1,000 mg three times a day, or 2,000 mg three times a day if I have been exposed to something. I also wash my hands, especially if I have been out in a public place, and avoid touching my nose, mouth or eyes with anything other than tissue.

Diet changes I made years ago also help, I believe. I drink at least six glasses of water a day, and eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. I avoid most sugary foods, as well as high fat foods. I try to get some exercise every day. It all helps.

The garlic gelcaps are available at Wal-Mart, about $6.00 for a bottle, well worth the money I think. As for the other changes--I did that gradually, and am still changing the way I live. I would far rather be healthy than indulge my sweet tooth and be sick most of the time. I'd rather work out than be sitting and aching, which was what was happening before.

Last edited by Rafelia; 12-03-2009 at 08:27 AM.

Closed Thread