It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Swine Flu (H1N1) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2009, 01:45 PM   #1
(female)

fudger220 HB User
Anyone got over lingering swine flu symptoms?

I would like to here from anyone who has had the dreaded swine flu for 4 weeks and come out of the other side. There is a lot of information about symptoms, how to prevent it what to do if you have it but nothing about how to get over it if you still have it for more than 2 weeks. I am on day 23, still in bed, aching, on maximum pain killers, no energy, tight chested, weak- this is a never ending nightmare.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2009, 11:32 AM   #2
(female)

CMcCarron HB User
Re: Anyone got over lingering swine flu symptoms?

Hi there

I am now in my 6 week with flu and I am still not 100% right. Today was the first day in 5 weeks that I have actually been up and around and able to go outside for 5 weeks so I know how you feel. It is a nightmare but it will end. Lots of rest and plenty fluids and try and eat something if you can manage it.

Praying you a speedy recovery.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2009, 11:40 AM   #3
(female)

fudger220 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMcCarron View Post
Hi there

I am now in my 6 week with flu and I am still not 100% right. Today was the first day in 5 weeks that I have actually been up and around and able to go outside for 5 weeks so I know how you feel. It is a nightmare but it will end. Lots of rest and plenty fluids and try and eat something if you can manage it.

Praying you a speedy recovery.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:49 AM   #4
(female)

fudger220 HB User

Hi there
Thanks for you reply. I am now coming up to 6 weeks with these flu symptoms as well. I can just about get of bed for about an hour at a time then the fatigue catches up with me and its back to bed again. I havent got an appetite but i am forcing myself to eat and drink lots. With me its just that i havent seen any change in 5 weeks which is making me worry - I am still getting the same symptoms. No worse and no better. I am a teacher and i have now had 6 weeks off work which is unheard of. I guess if i had seen just a little bit of improvement it would of given me hope. All i get from the docs is that it is post viral fatigue!!! to me it seems like i have had the worse flu in the world for 6 weeks. What symptoms did you start and for how long?? i know people are getting this swine flu alot worse than me but still it is frustrating because its been so long without little improvement. Also i fine if i get cold or tired it makes me worse. How about you??

Old 12-23-2009, 06:08 AM   #5
(female)

CMcCarron HB User

HI there

I am so sad for you because I know exactly how you feel and how frustrating and disheartening this flu can be.

I am never ill so this has hit me like a ton of bricks. Here are a list of the symptoms that I had which are now thankfully gone and now I am just at the stage where I am up and about again but still dont feel 100%.

Have your had blood tests done? I had an irratic pulse and palpatations so was taken into hospital where my blood was checked. Drs said everything was fine but my bloods showed that I had had a bad viral (flu) infection. That was 3 weeks ago so even thought I havent had the virus in my system for over 3 weeks I was just as ill while my body got itself better.

My symptoms were:

Sinuses were affected - swollen and painful and this made my hearing very sensitive
Aches and pain in my body
Temperature - not over 38 so most of the Drs reckon I had seasonal flu
Very weak - spent about 3 weeks hunched over like and old lady as just didnt have the strength to stand up straight
Blurry vision or very sharp vision
My perception was affected - sometimes didnt feel like i was quite there
Felt like I was in my own wee world and couldnt really relate to other people (told this is perfectly normal when you are sick but I kinda freaked out as I am never sick so didnt know it was normal)
Pressure on side of heads and top of head
Skin sensitivity in my feet (just aware of my feet alot of the time)
Earache
Inability to think clearly about things which was quite unsettling and unnerving
At times things would look kinda pale and feel kinda stark
Other time colours would be very bright and I would be aware of all the furniture in the room
My surroundings just didnt feel right. I went to bed one night and had that feeling you get when you are in a strange place for the first time (wasnt nice at all)

My whole body and mind were just all messed up but praise God that everything is going back to normal now.

If you havent had your bloods checked I would go back to the Dr and ask him to do some routine blood tests as that will totally put ur mind at rest.

When I was at my worst I felt like something was seriously wrong with me and the Drs were just putting it down to flu but it turns out it was just the flu - an evil nasty dose at that but still just the flu. I had a bacterial infection before I got flu so my immune system was low when I caught flu - thats why it affected my body so much.

My Dr says that is someone comes to her and says they have a cold it means they have a sniffle, if someone says they have flu it means they have a cold, if someone says they are dying it means they have flu.

I know you will be sitting or lying there thinking that you will never be well again and this will never pass but please please take it from me, it will totally pass. The virus will be out of your system now (even though it doesnt feel like it) and your body is just repairing itself which will take a while as the flu really seems to have hit you hard.

You will get well, you will be normal again, you will get back to normal life. I am praying for you and praying that God give you some light at the end of the tunnel, that you see some improvement in your sysmptoms today and that will give your some hope and encouragement.

Is the fact that your are able to be online not an improvement? The first 2 1/2 weeks that I was ill I couldnt get out of bed and had no energy to even think about being online.

If you need to chat any further then please just email me back < edited > I know how miserable and frustrated and down in the dumps you must be.

Last edited by hb-mod; 12-24-2009 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Please do not request or suggest off-board contact, per Posting Policy. Thanks!

Closed Thread