It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Swine Flu (H1N1) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2011, 04:16 AM   #1
(female)

nmorgan01 HB User
H1N1- still can't breathe 5 weeks later! Help

Hi, I am a 26 year old female, also a nurse on a pediatric floor at a local hospital. I contracted H1N1 on 2/4/11 and have been soooo sick ever since. I have had difficulty breathing, chest tightness, extreme fatigue, inability to return to work, and do simple daily tasks (shower, laundry, cooking, walking the dog, etc.). I am wondering if anybody else diagnosed with this strain of flu this season has experienced the same or similar symptoms. I see a pulmonologist about once a week, have been back to the ER 5 different times since I was diagnosed, an urgent care center 3 times, and was admitted overnight once. I am so tired of the doctors saying they don't know when I will feel better, or why I still feel so sick. The only meds I am on are prednisone for presumed inflammation, and albuterol treatments as needed. I find that neither is helping very much. My main problem is struggling to breathe, all day long, no matter what. It gets much worse when I get up and walk around, or do anything other than lay on the couch basically. I am frustrated and feel alone, like nobody understands what I am going through. I am beginning to think it is all in my head. All I know is that I struggle to breathe every day of my life and I just want to return to the job I love and find out what is wrong with me!!!

Old 03-11-2011, 01:35 AM   #2
(female)

CarolinePJ HB User
Re: H1N1- still can't breathe 5 weeks later! Help

Hi there, I saw your post about really struggling to breathe despite being on inhaler and nebulizer treatments. I was having the same problem with chest/sinus infection and trouble breathing, also taking inhalers and on a course of antibiotics. The only thing that worked for me was treatment by my acupuncturist. She addressed the lung/heart channels and suddenly everything started to come loose. Still not out of the woods yet but to be honest without her I'm not sure I wouldn't be much worse and even hospitalised by now!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2011, 11:22 PM   #3
(female)

Location: Manchester, England. English but grew up in Greater Vancouver, Canada
lady in black HB User
Smile Re: H1N1- still can't breathe 5 weeks later! Help

[QUOTE=nmorgan01;4702234]Hi, I am a 26 year old female, also a nurse on a pediatric floor at a local hospital. I contracted H1N1 on 2/4/11 and have been soooo sick ever since. I have had difficulty breathing, chest tightness, extreme fatigue, inability to return to work, and do simple daily tasks (shower, laundry, cooking, walking the dog, etc.). I am wondering if anybody else diagnosed with this strain of flu this season has experienced the same or similar symptoms. I see a pulmonologist about once a week, have been back to the ER 5 different times since I was diagnosed, an urgent care center 3 times, and was admitted overnight once. I am so tired of the doctors saying they don't know when I will feel better, or why I still feel so sick. The only meds I am on are prednisone for presumed inflammation, and albuterol treatments as needed. I find that neither is helping very much. My main problem is struggling to breathe, all day long, no matter what. It gets much worse when I get up and walk around, or do anything other than lay on the couch basically. I am frustrated and feel alone, like nobody understands what I am going through. I am beginning to think it is all in my head. All I know is that I struggle to breathe every day of my life and I just want to return to the job I love and find out what is wrong with me!!! [/QUOTE ]
See my post 'what i've learned about swine flu & recovery. This virus is a nasty one but u will recover & no it's not all in ur head it is just unfortunatly dr's know so little about it. Take care Lady in black

Closed Thread