HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Swine Flu (H1N1) (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/swine-flu-h1n1/)
-   -   What i've learned about swine flu & recovery (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/swine-flu-h1n1/839926-what-ive-learned-about-swine-flu-recovery.html)

lady in black 03-13-2011 11:08 PM

What i've learned about swine flu & recovery

May 2009 i worked in an international airport, heard about swine flu; didn't take it too seriously as i am in my mid 40's and not much panics me, tho i did get some garlic in as a precaution as i am allergic to antibiotics but discovered in the late 90' how well raw garlic works on infections in the body.

A vomiting bug went round at work which i caught, that passed & i returned to work. Then i started getting a bad chest, i struggled & in the end i went off sick; one night laying in my flat feeling dire i suddenly felt like i was in a sauna with the heat turning up, i couldn't breath, i felt confused & paniced trying desperatly to figure out what was wrong. Then i remembered the garlic. Now normaly with an infection i take 3 cloves three times a day for 7 days & it's gone but this time it took a bulb then the heavy feeling lifted then i could breath. I felt relieved but also in denial, had this just happened?
Then next night the heavyness returned so i took another bulb but this time nothing...pure panic hit me and a voice in my head said 'keep taking it til it stops', must have been my guardian angel cause a half bulb later it was fixed. Then for the next week as a precaution i took it for a week. When i tried to stop the garlic i couldn't breath so i got a lung xray expecting pnemonia, but my lungs were clear. I was in shock. Now because i work nights i decided to try vit d3 & bam a recovery. I returned to work but kept getting sick so in the end i would take 2 cloves of garlic daily when i woke, which made me stink but kept me a bit healthier. To cut a long story short i kept getting everything going til this Dec when swine flu2 hit, sick bug followed a week or so later with resperatory illness...then i read about swine flu 1918 and the adrenal gland autopsy results. Further research taught me that my lower back pain, frequent urination & never ending sickness was my adrenal glands in failure mode & vit d3 is a steroid which reboots the adrenal glands.
Lastly the adrenal glands hate cold (both the environment & any liquids u drink), sugar, salt, caffine (b4 swine flu2 i had been drinking more tea & eating tons of chocolate to boost energy levels). They love hot stews with barley, lentals, lots of protiens and plenty of brocolli, tomatos, carrots, cooked garlic in abundance. Any veg is good but barley, toms, brocolli & garlic should always be present.
Of all the herbs i've taken siberian ginseng has 4 me been the best as the viral load has disappeared from my body & finaly this week i've stopped taking raw garlic @ last tho i need liquorice root daily 4 antiviral protection working with the public, energy & as a balancer to my body as i am borderline diabetic til my adrenal glands are mended causing a severe water imbalance caused my hormone imbalance as the adrenal glands not working right. I am still very weak and need to sit a lot at work wheras i used to rush about like an athlete but i am slowly regaining my strength and doing more & more each week. I hope this helps someone out there, u have no idea what a relief it is to find ppl who are struggling post swine flu 2

Lizsz 03-15-2011 02:44 AM

Re: What i've learned about swine flu & recovery

I agree about Vit D. My 17 year old daughter and I struggled all last winter and to avoid the same happening this winter I started giving each of us 5000 units Vit D 3 times per week. This seemed to do the trick for my daughter (who had a perfect immune system before our 2009 bouts of H1N1). I was still sick most of the winter but not nearly as bad as last year.
I hope you are right about the adrenals. My immune system could use all the help it can get! (I have had a lot of exposure to hazardous chemicals, both in my childhood and during my career.)

CarolinePJ 05-15-2011 03:06 AM

Hi there,
I am really interested in what you have been saying about this virus. Me and my children have had it and seem to be on a continuing but reducing cycle of it. I am trying everything to try and rebalance us but not much is working. How long do you think you had the virus for all together (including post viral symptoms) and how long did you have to treat with this diet, garlic, siberian ginseng and Vit D3 till you found the symptoms were no longer a problem?

We all seem to be fine for a week or so then the whole cycle starts up again with cold, sweats, headaches, then poorly tummy for another week. It is relentless. I have tried supplementing with food state vitamins, magnesium calcium, artichoke (for the liver), vit Bs etc but have a sneaky feeling that the gurgly tummy I get just means it is going in one end and not being absorbed properly at all in the small intestine. My acupuncturist has been treating my small intestine now for about 6 months ( she picked it up as well as a lung issue way before the real viral symptoms show... about two months)! She says that the virus is slowly getting better but I would love to be able to knock it on the head!

Interesting also what you said about the water balance. I was a very happy 8 stone 8 before the virus after loosing 3 stone post-pregnancy and now the water in my body is bringing me up to 8 13 on a regular basis. Right now with gurgly tummy and post viral aches I feel like a big water sponge! Is there anything you have found that can help this?

Hope you have managed to keep the virus off!

lady in black 03-23-2012 10:25 AM

Sorry i've left it so long to reply i lost my password.

My health seemed to be recovering in March 2011 but management yelling at me 4 not doing enough (major stress) & the cold of the shop i work in meant my health soon nose dived again; i've been off work sick now since Mid May '11. Switched dr's tho 2 no avail had more breathing problems because of heat last spring, landed at hospital & they didn't care then in January my health nose dived & i was admitted to hospital they suspect Addisons & i think Tb (Mum had & u can inherit as per Lawrence Broxmeyer Md & the man checks out) I left hospital due to bad food, inability 2 sleep & a fear i'd die there #ComplacentAttitude to my deteriorating health. i'm sure i have tb of the liver & tumours in my skull & i'm flat on my back 90% of time vitc ascorbic acid helps a bit raising uric acid which is linked to weakness when low & this next wk i'm going 2 try a high meat, high fat diet also raises uric acid. I wish i had more positive news...i'll update u if this new diet works #hopeful see u around

lady in black 03-23-2012 10:37 AM

4 got, i'm finding adding sea salt 2 my water 2 taste helping me raise my dangerously low level of Bp; take 30kmg vitc daily, siberian ginseng top dose & kelp all other supplements stopped, i also seem to have high cortisol tho i await an endo apt & more tests 2 confirm. i'm terrified of money, Nhs cuts & ESA cuts going forward & won't be on the web much but will update when i know more, i'm also going 2 post on the Addisons board & Tb if i can find it See u around :)