It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Swine Flu (H1N1) Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
(male)

kerry4 HB User
over with new Swine flu variant? Additional probs. ideas?

Hi -

So some back story.
Last Saturday (4/21) - i woke with a dry throat. not really sore, just dry-is feeling. About noon I suddently became really, really drained and tired while working in the yard. I came in a bit later, layed down and fell asleep for 2 hours. (unusual)
I woke up and felt worse. Low grade fever, body aches, blah.
Sunday (4/22) Bad body aches, fever, in bed all day.

on Monday i had a 102 fever, body aches like crazy also crackles in my chest when breathing. I went to docs. He checked me out and said i didnt have signs of pnumonia or bronchitis... he Did a rapid flu test. The test came up negative. Doc went on to tell me he had seen a bug this spring that is suspected to be a new variant of the swine flu not covered in the shot from last winter and that my symptoms matched the characteristics of this bug hes seen. If this was it, i can expect to be down for 7 to 10 days.

He gave me a script of Tamiflu and send me on my way.

From Monday to Tuesday, I had body aches, fever, chest congestion. Late Tuesday through Friday, i had a nasty cough plus aforementioned ailments.

Friday night I had been COUGHING all night long. I have a crackle in my chest/throat when I exhale and it triggers me to cough. It also gets worse when I am lying down. BUT, Fever is GONE!

Saturday, still no fever, but a rough night from coughing all night.
I still have a crackle in my throat when i exhale. I can inhale as much as I want, but if i exhale just a little too much, i sound like a donkey and cough like crazy.

Not only that, my right ear is blocked. I feel a pressure from my ear, down my right cheek down to my swollen gland under my chin.

I had read that a bad thing could be flu goes away, and a bacterial infection could occur due to tired immune system.

My questions are:

Should I just wait this out since it hasnt been 10 days yet? Is this likely still part of the flu symptoms?

Also, when the fever is gone, am i still contagious with flu germs?

Thanks in advance, sorry so long.

K

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-30-2012, 07:14 AM   #2
(male)

kerry4 HB User
Re: over with new Swine flu variant? Additional probs. ideas?

Went to the docs yesterday and after some X-rays and evaluation, i have pneumonia and ear infection.

we'll see how well these antibiotics works.

Closed Thread