It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2002, 07:20 AM   #31

Babernethy HB User
Have you gone to the health food store to start your vitamin B's yet? The B vitamins will really help you with seeing straight.
The boyfriend may be feeling all this stress also...without actually saying it. He could be distancing himself from you because of this stress. He may not even do it intentionally!
You really need to try and see the good things in life..and try to be positive. Hard, YES! It is sometimes. Keep this in mind. Noone wants to be around someone who is miserable..even if they really care about that person. A miserable person will bring down others. People tend to shy away from them. Inadvertantly, you may be doing this to your boyfriend. Ask yourself these things: What do you talk about with him...or do you go on and on about how bad your Mother is? What do you say to him that is Positive? Do your tell him things he wants to hear that are uplifting...of things that BUM him out? These are what you need to decide on.
Good luck.
B

Old 02-04-2002, 09:37 PM   #32

depressedme HB User
Hello ~*Silent*~ how are things in canada? I can totally relate to your problem. I am Sixteen years old and my parents fight every day and evey night. I didn't like it at all. They've divorced long ago and I am alone. the relationship I had with my parents was awful according to everyone else. I never say a word to my dad and he never says a word to me, I've moved many times and now i am in San Jose California. when I feel alone and uncomfortable I get the hell out of my house, and go out alone. Without my patents, I am able to do everything and anything. Now i like being alone. i've gotten used to the fact that i am alone. some of my friends think i am lucky. Its not all that bad, in my house, i almost never see my parents. I cook for my self, ive learned to be indipendant, learned to get good grades. Sometimes when i get in trouble with the law my dad makes me pay off the fees and says never do it again. nothing else happens. no punnishment at all.

hey, Silent

somedaysiamunhappywithmylife, in fact i hate it sometimes. just sometimes. Ithink i know a way for you to remove depression from your life. do as i did; go out to the movies by yourself, and maby get a job too. Job yields car. Drive = Love. Im still sixteen about to turn 17. Im hoping to graduate and get my own place, apartment or rent a room. Just try not to think of being alone as a bad thing.

My fingers hurt.

I have quite a strange life and I am still unhappy with myself. please keep me posted. If you want to know more about my miserible life just ask.

--possy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-04-2002, 09:42 PM   #33

depressedme HB User
i think i have all the answers to your problems ~*silent*~! I'd move out.

Not a good idea? keep me posted

Old 02-06-2002, 10:57 AM   #34

ggg HB User
Hi Silent,

I am sorry all of this has happened to you. Please stay strong and know there are better days ahead. Are you a religious/spiritual person. I'm not a Jesus Freak or anything but I believe in the power of prayer to help you through trying times. At least a belief in some higher power that you can lean on to help you though your troubles. I know that helps me get through tough times like the death of loved ones.

Realize that people come into your life for a reason and a season. They are there to teach you valuable lessons as you journey through life. No one leaves this earth without some hardships. Your mother is the only mother you'll have, accept her for the good and the bad.

All parents at times make childrens lives difficult and vice versa. Respect her because she is your mother and your elder. Try to think of the good things when she is trying your patience. She won't be with you always there may come a day when you may even miss having her around. Try to do things around the house like clean and cook once in a while to ease her burden. It's not easy being a single parent. Just smile at her and give her a hug and tell her you love her when she's being difficult. Try not to go word for word with her that will only make her more angry.

When it comes to your BF try not to put all your eggs in one basket. I'm glad that he's a good person and that he is supportive of you. You are very young and there may be many more out there before you settle on THE ONE. Be independent for yourself and try not to rely on him too much. God forbid there may come a time when you may not have him to lean on.

Focus on your studies and other oustide interests to keep your mind off of your problems. Learn a new skill, foreign language, join a sports club. Education is so important. There have been many people who have been in worse circumstances than you who have overcome so much to be successful people. I hope you will be one of them. Learn all you can learn do all you can do. Don't let the past affect your future or let it be an excuse for why you can't succeed in the future.

I know this is a cliche but it is true that "WHAT DOES NOT KILL YOU WILL MAKE YOU STRONGER". STAY STRONG !

I didn't mean to ne long winded. I hope some of my words give your some hope and comfort. Take care

Old 02-07-2002, 03:44 PM   #35

riann HB User
hey silent!i just want to tell you that i have reliezed how good i have it, ever since i read your story.I have never been in a situation like you are in and i hope i never do,i wouldnt wanna go through all of that and have to live that kind of life. Not that im saying its horrible but its not that great i mean there are people out there that probably have it worse than you. I really dont have much to say but im sorry and i hope everything well get better in the future.

Old 02-08-2002, 10:50 PM   #36

depressedme HB User
Smile

hey uh, silent? let us hear from you

Old 02-27-2002, 02:20 PM   #37
Inactive

~*Silent*~ HB User
Wink

Hey I posted the "continue of my life" check it out if you want an update!

------------------
~*ShHhHhHh*~

Closed Thread