It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2002, 10:21 PM   #1
Inactive

europe HB User
Post HOW DO I GET SOFT SMOOTH SKIN LIKE GIRLS ?

how do you get beautiful skin like those pretty girls i pass by everyday at school?
Im a guy but, i like girls! My skin is like dry and stuff. (my skin is flakey and hurts after i shower each night) What is your secret girls? I want soft and smooth skin like girls have.

Do you apply lotion to the entire body everyday? and like, HoW Do you get such soft hands?

?

?
Oh and I dont think i should not apply body lotion anymore (i use vasiline intensive care"Advanced healing") because it leaves brown stuff on my skin, and its a hassle to take off the residue when i shower. What should i do ? ?

Anyone want to give me some advice for soft and smooth skin?

Old 03-04-2002, 04:47 PM   #2

ladykimm00 HB User
There are many different hand and body lotions out there for dry skin. I really think you should check out the Message board for Hair, Skin, and Nails on this website. Theres a lot of information on those boards and you will get more Replies. Also check out the Acne Message Board.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2002, 09:04 PM   #3

taylor5 HB User
being a girl..really i dont do anything. well here ill tell you my daily routine and maybe you can try something. jump in the shower wash entire body with dove soap...blahblahblah come out of shower put lotion on legs and arms, hands and feet. not vasaline lotion. try borrowing some lotion from girls who you are close to like your mom..sister ect. or ask a pharmasist what lotion works best for dry skin. thats pretty much all you have to do just wash up and apply lotion right after you shower. i read once that if you apply lotion right after you shower...the moisture on your skin gets trapped and it helps a lot.

[This message has been edited by taylor5 (edited 03-11-2002).]

Old 03-11-2002, 01:50 PM   #4

babygirl21 HB User
You could try just applying Vaseline to your hands and feet, works great if used everynight. I prefer scented lotions and body washes instead of the regular soaps. Try a body wash with moisturizers in them (they make some for guys) instead of soap. I find they leave your skin feeling cleaner and softer than soap. My hubby loves Dove soap. I really wasn't too impressed by the Vaseline Advanced Healing lotion myself. Try to find some natural lotions as well, a lot of the others contain alcohol which can dry the skin more. And if you wash too much or use very hot water, that will dry your skin out even more. Hoe I helped a little.

Old 03-14-2002, 08:20 AM   #5
Inactive

europe HB User
Talking

I am using baby oil for my body right now

Should i use this or should i use something diferent?

eyeryone reply =D

Old 03-15-2002, 02:44 AM   #6

worrywart23 HB User
The real key to soft skin is exfoliating. There are body washes & facial cleansers that are designed to exfoliate your skin. You can also try using a loofah to gently scrub away dead skin cells. (Don't do it too harsh or it will hurt afterwards & feel raw)
Make sure that you apply a moisturizing lotion within 3 minutes after bathing or showering. Occasionally soaking in a bath filled with moisturizing bath beads/salts/powders can also help. I've heard good things about buttermilk baths, but I've never tried it myself. They say that's what Cleopatra did! If you have really dry skin you may want to try Pond's Dry Skin Cream or Vitamin E Cream. Good Luck!

Old 04-03-2002, 03:07 AM   #7

Vik HB User
just brush your body in the shower get rid off dead cells. baby oil is great. put some in the bath and you wont even need to moisturie when you get out. wach you dont slip though! for thehands splah hands with moisturiser and put cotton gloves on. go to bed wake up in the morning with uper oft hands

Old 04-10-2002, 03:50 PM   #8

Xanthic411 HB User
Smile

That brown stuff on your body is dead skin cells, and it's your skin peeling when you shower, instead of just using your hands to wash your body, use a wash-rag, because that will help remove all of that, then after you get out of the shower, apply lotion, not vasaline. I honestly dont do anything to my skin to make it soft, it just kinda is. also, so the dead skin cells arent there, try using Neutrogena Body clear body scrub, because it has exfoliaters in it, and it scrubs away dead skin. For soft hands, i just use lotion whenever i think about it on my hands, and since your a guy, most likely you wont want all that scented stuff, so use Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion.. it has no scent, and it's dermatologist recommended.. hope this helps!!!

[This message has been edited by tntmod5 (edited 11-10-2002).]

Old 04-20-2002, 06:54 PM   #9

brandywhine19 HB User
well...i wash with a moisturizing soap (dove - the pink kind) I dont really use a lot of lotion bc my it makes my skin over oily and causes pimples. I do exfoliate using leg luxuries from victoria secret on my elbows, legs and feet and put lotion on those places. my face gets dry from my acne med. so i use ponds daily moisturizer. to get really soft hands and feet slather on lotion and wear cotton gloves and socks overnite.

Closed Thread