It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2003, 07:27 PM   #1

Bulldog5 HB User
Question when to say i love u

Love is a strong word so how far into the realtionship would you say is a good time to say it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2003, 08:14 PM   #2
Inactive

Autumn Angel HB User
Thats a tough one I would suggest to say it when you are sure you feel it but sometimes thats kinda early in a relationship too. I would give it time after all if it is real the feeling wont go away anytime soon.

Autumn.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2003, 10:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
You'll know when the time is right, just make sure your pretty sure you have some idea of how your partner feels about you.

Old 02-23-2003, 10:34 AM   #4

icedout2084 HB User
id give it time before i say i love u to make sure its really how u feel

Old 02-25-2003, 08:48 PM   #5

greenfroggy HB User
Cool

ok this is an old post from who knows when but i would still like to let people know that if you want to say it then look at the word Luv. It to some means luv in a relationship teen sorta way. Love you could say is for people who are planning on marraige. i of course am using the word Luv. explain it to your gf or bf and they will understand and that way you can use the sweet little i luv you goodnight's!! Later all!

Old 02-26-2003, 03:26 AM   #6

spikie HB User
this is a very interesting question because it seems like even if you feel it you are scared to say it too early in the relationship. i am a few months in but have been scared to say it first because i am not sure what will happen

Old 02-26-2003, 07:38 AM   #7
Inactive

Autumn Angel HB User
Thats so true Spike I have been there too in the past where I feel it but dont want to say it for fear of changing things if he doesnt feel it. I would watch and pay close attention to her "actions" for awhile. There are signs you will clue into in time to see if she feels the same way. Then when you feel you know shes thinking the same way as you are just say it. But dont say it during sex ( if you are having sex yet) Its very special and I for one would rather hear it when we are just sitting there taking looking into each others eyes. It just means more to some people that way rather than in the heat of passion. Take care.
Autumn.

Old 02-26-2003, 01:43 PM   #8
Inactive

Twist16 HB User
Ok, I have a question... What if your b/f g/f says it too early for you? What would you do then? Would it be rude not to say it back? Tell him that you're not ready for that yet?

I Believe you should say I love you when you really mean it, people say it WAY too early these days! Say it ONLY when you mean it, don't worry about the beginning of the relationship, and not saying I love you. Because thats a good thing! You're respecting the other person, and showing them that you want to get to know them more, and waiting for the right time to say I love you.

Old 02-26-2003, 06:54 PM   #9

reddchik HB User
it doesn't matter when you say i love you in a relationship it's whether you mean it. when you love a person you'll know it and feel it. when you know for sure that you love them, say it cause chances are they might feel the same way that you do but just don't wanna admit it. but you'll know when the time is right.

Old 02-26-2003, 09:13 PM   #10

spikie HB User
twist, i have had that happen to me and it was bad. he said it during sex too which made it really awkward because i did not feel the same at all. i don't even think he had thought it through really to the point where he really was in love or anything but still it just made it real awkward. you'd think he would've gotten the point after the first time too but he tried it again which was bad also. i refused to just say it back because i agree that you should only say it when you mean it. i decided it was best not to do stuff with him anymore because we obviously wanted 2 totally different things and it was not going to work.

Closed Thread