It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2003, 10:29 AM   #1

crazysweets HB User
Post need to talk to someone

ok heres the thing
I dont really tell people how I feel about stuff that often. I tend to keep things "bottled up". And I know now that I should talk to someone, but I dont know how to. I mean I just always think people are going to think I am weird, if I tell them stuff that I feel. And I tend to feel uncomfortable when talking about more serious stuff. I feel more comfortable just having fun and laughing with people more. And I guess I just feel like if I do talk to people about my feelings that they are going to like judge me or something. Or say, well you should see a counselor, or something. But I don't want to talk to a counselor, just to someone I know and feel comfortable around and trust. But I just get too nervous to talk about how I feel because of what they are going to say.

Old 03-08-2003, 10:44 AM   #2
Inactive

Twist16 HB User
Hey crazy sweets,

I understandd what you mean. I don't want to go to a couselor either. I guess it would be much easier letting your problems out on someone your own age. Anyways, if you want, you could email me at my [removed] address. W/ the s/n [removed]..

~Twist16

[Please read and follow the board posting guidelines
as you agreed to do when you registered for Healthboards.
Do not post your email address on the message board.]

[This message has been edited by moderator2 (edited 03-08-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2003, 07:43 PM   #3

illusions HB User
Crazy Sweets,

It is incredibly difficult to talk to someone; been there done that. It's so simple for me to say "talk to your school counselor" or "talk to your parents" etc etc etc. It's not that easy! Do you have a friend that you trust and that you can talk to? If so, start off with small things and go from there. Don't like totally spill your guts all in one sitting becuz that can be overwhelming for yourself as well as your friend. Have you ever tried calling a crisis hotline?

I can also tell you not to feel ashamed or weird or silly to tell someone how you're truly feeling inside. It's hard not to but, for instance, if you're talking to a friend, he or she will not think that you're weird or full of it. They will support you and be a FRIEND to you. If they do "diss" what you say, then they aren't a true friend, right?

Bottling everything up inside of you is not healthy by any means. It's not a good thing to do. Do you do any kind of journaling? If not, give it a try. Write down all of the things that you are feeling, thinking, the things that are running through your head and get them out on paper. If you want someone to actually read it and see it, post it in here. Vent your heart out! Venting is good for you!

Anyways, keep your chin up. Hang in there. Take care.

Illusions http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/heart.gif

Old 03-14-2003, 11:32 AM   #4

crazysweets HB User
I told my teacher about it, and I really trust him. He and I are both going to go to the school psycologist next week. He was really nice to me about it and wants to help me. So he will come with me, which will make me feel better about it too

Closed Thread