It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2003, 12:50 PM   #1

leyla1990 HB User
Post please help!

Hi I just got my period like 3 months ago and I HATE PADS! They're too uncomfortable. I want to try tampons but i'm too scared...what should i do?

[This message has been edited by tntmod5 (edited 03-29-2003).]

Old 03-27-2003, 07:13 PM   #2
(female)

QweenyBluEyes HB User
I know what you mean, pads are very uncomfortable. I didn't start wearing tampons until a couple years after my period. But I realized how much more comfortable they are! Almost as if they're not there. I would suggest trying the smallest tampon. Junior size I believe. It is kinda scary when you first try it, but trust me, it's nothing at all! Just push it up, not towards your back but towards your stomach. Also wear a very thin pad on your first time, just in case you leak with the tampon, and that will let you know you need a larger size. If it hurts to push it in, you are not wet enough, or you are using too large of a tampon. Also, don't put in a tampon right after a shower, wait about 15 minutes so you can get wet again.

Good luck, and just think, it's natural, and every woman does it. So there is nothing to worry about!

-Qweeny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2003, 08:32 PM   #3

leyla1990 HB User
Thanks for helping me, i feel better about it now.

Old 03-27-2003, 10:57 PM   #4

Kylie1 HB User
yeah i HATE pads too. I was too scated to use tampons too but then I decided one day I should try them incase everyone decided to go to the beach when it was that time of month. Just remember to relax when you put it in or it wont go in! Seriously the first time i tried it took me one hour and 6 tampons to get it right.

Old 03-27-2003, 10:57 PM   #5

911_mom HB User
I hated the thought of a tampon when I first started too. Now I hate the thought of a pad http://www.healthboards.com/ubb/t_down.gif You could also try putting some lubricant on the end of it to help it go in better~like KY jelly!

Closed Thread