It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2003, 07:34 PM   #1

britagne HB User
Exclamation belly button piercing and stomach hair

I just got my belly button pierced a few days ago and im worried that the little hairs around it are getting stuck in the hole and my skin is healing around it. I'm not sure if this is what is happening, but is it a serious problem if it is?

Old 03-13-2003, 07:54 PM   #2
(female)

Im_Robyn HB User
I have had a few people ask me about this and honestly you have nothin got worry about unless the hair on your stomach is very long and think. If you're so bothered by this keep lotion on the hair around the piercing and smooth it down. So you really don't need to worry.

[This message has been edited by tntmod5 (edited 03-17-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2003, 01:59 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
You'll be fine, if your really, really, really worried, why don't you wax? I wouldn't freak out though, you'll be fine.

Old 03-28-2003, 09:52 AM   #4
Inactive

siren24 HB User
Don't wax or use any lotion near the piercing until it heals! That will hugely increase your risk of infection. I have had my navel pierced for 4 years. And don't think it will heal quickly. Belly buttons can take over 6 months to heal completely. As far as the hair goes, you shouldn't worry about it as long as you are keeping the piercing clean and turned. The easiest way to get through the early stage of healing is to get regular saline solution and a q tip. Wet down the piercing (both holes) and the jewlery and clean all the gunk off with the q tip. And turn, turn, turn.... make sure you get the whole thing wet and clean. If you do this frequently, nothing will get stuck and you will heal faster. You will want to do this everytime you get puss or sticky stuff, and don't wear too tight shirts. Also, it's best not to change jewlery for 6 months, even if you've read you can, it's best to wait. I didn't change for a year to make sure everything was healed right. Good luck.

[This message has been edited by siren24 (edited 03-28-2003).]

Closed Thread