It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2003, 02:26 PM   #1

ChoCoCat HB User
Unhappy I can't believe I was soooo stupid... :(

Okay here goes...I'm going to be (deleted) years old in two weeks, and my best friend is (deleted) too and we're both freshmen. She likes this guy on the football team who's a sophomore and he likes her back. So he invited her to come hang out with him and his friends at his house on Friday night. She asked me to come along too. I really didn't want her to be alone with these type of people so I went along with her. What I should've done was just convinced her not to go, but then again, I was being stupid and ignorant. I lied to my parents about where I was going...I told them that I was going to sleep over at her house while she told her parents that she was sleeping over at mine. So we went to his house and it was totally not what I expected. We were the only two girls there with seven football players who were juniors and seniors. They ended up tricking my friend into going into the garage with the guy she liked so they could talk alone. Which made me alone with seven other guys. Now absolutely NOTHING happened, but they asked me questions and made degrading jokes about women, but the disgusting thing IS that I laughed along with them!!!!!! I can't believe I let that happen...then when everyone went home my friend and I couldn't because we both told our parents that it was a sleepover. So another guy that was there said we could sleep at his house, to make the situation even worse. Then they drove us to our houses at around 11:00 am. Now please know that absolutely nothing happened...I didn't drink or do ANYTHING. But I still feel like a horrible person, which I am, since I lied to the people who care about me. My friend feels incredibly guilty too and we promised that we'd never ever do anything like this again and I WON'T. I'd like to read your opinions on this because I'm afraid to talk to anyone I know and hear their disappointment in me, even though I deserve it. Thank you sooo much for reading...

[This message has been edited by tntmod5 (edited 04-07-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2003, 04:51 PM   #2
(male)

Curtdude HB User
Thumbs down

Well it was dishonest for you to lie to your parents. I frequently hear " my parents dont trust me to ... My parents treat me like a little kid ... I allways have to check in and can never go with my friends because... " This is one reason you should be as honest as you can with them. There are a series of commercals out right now that these kids rag on thier parents for asking where they were, what they did, and who are thier friends, and at the end of the commercial they say thanks. What if alcohol was involved and it takes one dude to pin you down and one to rape you 2-7 odds are not in your favor.

be careful and be honest
Break the trust of your parents and you will find it dam n hard to get it back

Peace
CD

Old 04-07-2003, 03:59 PM   #3
Inactive

DanaJ HB User
First off, I admire you for realizing what you did what wrong, in not beign honest with your parents. I'm not going to put you down, or berate you in any way. I honestly believe you know you were wrong, and I hope you learn from your mistake. Just realize that you and your friend put yourselves in a very dangerous situation. Two (deleted) yo old girls with a bunch of football players a few years older than you, there's no comparison. YOu guys could have been raped, sexuall assaulted, or anything imaginable. You're lucky nothing happend though. Please let this be a lesson. Just try to imagine how you'd feel if somethign did happen How your parents would feel?
YOu know you were in the wrong, so don't get too upset about it, or drag it on. Instead make sure you never let it happen again
If anything, you should be commended for at least acknowledging what happened and using it as a lesson to make better judgements and to not repeat past mistakes You seem to have a good head on your shoulders, just don't lose sight, and for te most part you'll be okay.

[This message has been edited by tntmod5 (edited 04-07-2003).]

Closed Thread