It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2003, 12:54 AM   #1

canadianchick723 HB User
Unhappy getting no attention from my parents :

Hi. I have just become a teen awhile ago. I have three sister older than me. They are all on meds and all have alot of problems. I am not on meds, but have an anxiety disorder and am depressed. my parents dont even notice anything is wrong with me because they are so caught up in everyone else. I think i really need help, but am afraid to ask. My parents pay way more attention to them and buy them more things than me. Dont get me wrong, they are not neglecting me or anything. They just make me feel like my problems arent important enough. I would greatly like it if you could guve me some advice on how to get my problems ou in the open to them, or even just give me some reasurance i will survive. Thanx

Old 04-09-2003, 11:31 AM   #2
(female)

QweenyBluEyes HB User
First of all, don't feel as though you need to just "survive" or live with this problem thinking that it's nothing because your sister's are having problems too. Also think that maybe your parents are over-stressed with all the health problems in the family that they cannot keep up with everyone.

Do you ever go shopping with your mom? I find that is the best time to talk to my mom about something. When its just me and her in the car, or we're out at the store. Maybe just ask your mom if you can go to a therapist, or get some medication. Or maybe you are depressed because you feel left out. Would it make you feel better if your parents took just YOU to a baseball game or something? If it would, maybe you should tell your parents that you don't feel close to them and you have a hard time telling them things, and that you wish you could spend more quality time with them.

Anyways, just some suggestions!
I hope you get better!

~Qweeny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2003, 10:19 PM   #3

canadianchick723 HB User
Me and my mom dont go shopping much. Whenever i try to talk to her i find it soooooo hard! i dont know why, she is a great mom, and all of my sisters are perfectly comfortable talkig to her. I just dont know what to do!I seem embarrassed to talk to her, and i dont know why. thanx for your suggestions.

------------------
CiNdY

Closed Thread