It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2003, 01:44 AM   #1

lpwings08 HB User
Post Dating a younger guy...I need advice

Im new to the board but I sort of need to vent on something...

Ok, Im 19 years old, and there's this guy I work with who's 18. I know the age doesn't seem far off, but he's still in highschool and I feel older just cause I've been through so much crap growin-up. Anyways, hes a nice guy and we both admited to liking each other. We've even had a heart to heart alone about it. We've been to a basketball game with a group a friends, he knows where I live and I know where he lives....the problem is,

I just feel like we would never be friends, or even associate with each other if we were in school together. I was Miss anti-social in school, and had tons of issues to deal with. He's Mr. prep boy, with all the girls hangin on his every word. He's a great guy, but sometimes I feel like a puppy chasing after a toy. I mean I had to talk to him about my feelings first, I had to call him first, and on top of that im usually the one calling him. He recently went to prom, with this chick who he described as a "goddess", which makes me feel ackward. I just don't want to be stupid chasing after someone, and im tired of it. He said he likes me, and im the one chasing him? I don't stand for that. What do I do? Or how should I go about this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2003, 01:29 AM   #2

spikie HB User
He might be needing for you to chase him a little just because you are the older woman and he wants to make sure you really do like him

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2003, 11:47 AM   #3

lpwings08 HB User
Yeah I've thought about that, but that's just not right in my opinion...Everytime I call him now I get the "bothering" vibe or maybe he's not a phone person. either way, whatever happends will happend and if not there's more fish in the sea.

Old 04-16-2003, 03:54 PM   #4

Lilcherry HB User
Ok!.. well, maybe you should just start as friends, and not jump right into a relationship. If he really likes you then he will also come back onto you. I might be completly wrong here but thats wut i tried with this guy who is 2 years older than me. I mean were both in highschool, and i just found out yesterday, he has a girlfind, (since we were only friends i couldnt really do anything about it, except pray that someday it might work out, and even if it doesnt he will STILL be my best friend.) I dont know if that helped. I hope it does, *just dont force your self TO HARD! the guy has to do some work too! lol!! Good luck!! ~Oh and for the whole prep-anit-social!.. opposites attracK!! Tust me!! lol

Old 04-16-2003, 09:43 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

EddieDean HB User
I don't know why, but I always end up dating guys younger then me. As long as it isn't a huge difference, it shouldn't be much of a problem. You seem to be noticing the annoying "stage of life" thing. If you are out of high school and he's still there, that can make things tough. I started dating my guy when he was 18 and I was 20. Now he's 22 and I'm 23 (will be 24 next month)....I'm out of college and he's still there, and it's weird being in two different stages of life. Give him time away from his high school buddies and I bet he'll act differently around you. His issue could also be that he's a bit immature and doesn't know what he wants yet. That's another annoying part of dating someone younger....men tend to mature later then women so that makes the difference seem even larger!

Old 04-17-2003, 04:56 PM   #6

lpwings08 HB User
Smile

Great advice...He's in a very diffrent stage than I am. He's got his social scene. His prom, graduation, doing the whole Im a senior, so let's party thing. I completley understand that and that's why I'd perfer friendship at this stage. Maybe we'll click in the future..Who knows. Thanks for the advice.

Closed Thread