It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2003, 11:29 PM   #1

Maikeru HB User
Post Is this a "ok" wieght for a 16 year old guy?

I am 6'2 and only weigh 130lbs. Alot of people comment and tell me that Im so skinny and after time it gets very annoying. I do not have any type of a eating disorder I just grew very fast. I hope that I will fill in over time once I stop growing since that is what everyone has been telling me. Is it that bad or unhealthy to be the weight I am? I feel fine and I don't think that I look too thin, it is just the way that I am built, tall and slim. My main concern is girls, I know that girls seem to like the real buff guys but it is just so hard to get buff when you are a tall guy like me. I eat alot also, I think my metabolism is just really fast! People in my family always tell me I'm handsome etc. but it doesnt help any since I have alot of people in my age group telling me I'm too skinny and I need to hit the weights etc. and it just angers me to no end and it hurts my self esteem and confindence. Any adivce/comments here?

[This message has been edited by Maikeru (edited 04-09-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Maikeru (edited 04-09-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2003, 12:20 PM   #2
(female)

QweenyBluEyes HB User
First off, I don't prefer muscular guys over thin guys. I don't really have a preference actually. But I do like skinny guys. Also 130 does seem sort of thin. I am sixteen 5'8" and 128 lbs, and I'm not fat at ALL. I wear smalls! (I'm a girl btw) But I workout so my weight could be muscle.

Do you do sports? Go running or something? Because you could be burning off more than you think with cardio. If you want to gain weight, do a weight liftning class. Or just eat lots.

Anyways, good luck!

~Qweeny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2003, 05:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dramaqueen HB User
Hey, your very normal. Try and ignore the people who say things. Guys usually shoot up, and then out. That's just what happens.

Old 04-10-2003, 06:01 AM   #4
(male)

Zoider HB User
I'm 16, and 6" almost as tall as you, and I'm only 125-120 pounds, depends on the week, I guess =P
Anyway, don't worry about your weight, most girls won't care how muscular, or how skinny you are, just the kind of person you tend to be.
Just so you know, I've been in and out of relationships, my whole life, and I'm far from a pretty boy, I guarentee it.. lol, and as far as strenght goes, I'm not very strong.. so, like I said, it really goes on who you are, personally.. You might be buff the stuff, or what ever your hoping to be, but if your being a *****, you arn't going to get anywhere.

[This message has been edited by Zoider (edited 04-10-2003).]

Old 04-10-2003, 10:13 AM   #5

Rixtar HB User
When you hit 40th birthday, you will be so thankful that you were thin in your teen years. The chances of you suffering from illnesses that are related to being overweight are almost nill. My partner was tall 6'2" and 125 pounds when he was 18. He didn't put on weight until his 30's. Now at 40 he is just about where every doctor says a man should weigh.

You may however check out the possibility that you have a slightly out of balance digestive tract. Go to a local health food store or do some research on the internet into something called probiotics and prebiotics. These natural substances may help in the absorption of the nutrients in the food you consume resulting in an increase in body weight. If you try either or both of these natural supplements be sure to remain physically active and to either continue or start resistance training (weight lifting) to build muscle and prevent the accumulation of body fat.

good luck

Old 04-11-2003, 01:45 AM   #6

travis000 HB User
Dont worry about it, but 120 is short, just eat TONS and TONS, im 14 and im 6'0 170 pounds, just eat lots and burn it off then you will gain the weight i used to be 5'10 140

Old 04-14-2003, 12:05 AM   #7

CaRfReAk88 HB User
That's a pretty low weight for your height, but i'm sure you excercise some. I'm 5'8" and weigh 125 (i'm a girl). It really depends on your build also.

Old 04-14-2003, 08:30 PM   #8
Veteran
(male)

toaskornottoask HB User
I am your age, 5'11" and 135 pounds, not much difference. I am by no means too skinny, but I am not very muscular. I am healthy, don't have eating problems, so I am fine. If you're healthy, that's all that matters!

Old 04-16-2003, 04:55 PM   #9

Jabber HB User
Son your fine but if ya wnna put on 50 lbs buy this stuff called weight gainer 3000, it has approx 3,500 cals a shake and to most people 3,000 cals equal a pound, I bought my friend a bottle when I was at the Vitamin shop buying whey protein for me, you do have to work out though or the weight will go to your rump, my friend is 6' and weighed 138lbs and six months latter he is at 172, what ever chocie you make do it for you and nobody but you. GOD bless you

Old 04-20-2003, 05:23 PM   #10

Brad93ta HB User
Eating loads of calories isn't the right way to pack on weight. Exercising is, I started exercising when I was 14 and went from 135 to my current 195lbs. When I was your age I weighed 175@ 6'feet or so some of that weight can be attributed to growing as well as muscular growth. If I were in your position I'd try a little bit of bodybuilding and see how you it turns out for you.
Good luck

Closed Thread