I am thinking about getting my belly button pierced, but I have a few questions that I would like to be answered...
1. Is it true that you cant get in the water for like 6 months, like pool water? B/c it is almost summer time, and I wanna go swimming in a pool! And if so how long really?
2. Once you have had the piercing for about a year or so, can u take it out for like a day or two, or would it close up istantly?
3. Can you give me any other tips on how to prevent infection and to have it heal better than the daily cleaning?
4. Could it get ripped out easily like playing in the ocean, in the waves, or playing sports? If so, is there a special type of ring that could help prevent it from getting pulled out?
5. Does it hurt?!?!?!?!
6. How long does it usually stay sore or bruised?
I think thats about it! Thanks a bunch!
1. Yes. This is a good question to quiz your piercer about.
2. Depends on the person.
3. Daily cleaning, try not to wear tight clothing around it (let it air out) don't you dare put anything greasy on it (a la polysporin/vaseline/etc) don't go in a pool. Go naked as often as possible. If cleaning is so painful you can't do it thoroughly, use an ice cube to numb the area. You MUST KEEP IT CLEAN. This is more important than your momentary discomfort if you want a nice piercing for a number of years.
4. Depends on what you mean by 'easily'.
5. Depends on the person, but I'll say most likely you will feel some level of discomfort, but you probably won't be rolling on the floor in ecstatic pain.
6. Depends on the person! This is an inflammatory thing -- here's a hint though -- the less of a chance you give it to get infected, the shorter a period of time that it will hurt. (Infections hurt like a sum*****!)