It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Teen Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2003, 05:28 PM   #1

LimpBizketgurl-KS72 HB User
Unhappy always sad

hello i need help! ok for the last like 5 months i am like ALWAYS sad. i get home from school and do my homework then just stare out the window for hours. i have friends and i talk on the phone and hang out with them. my 2 best friends reciently died. it is hard but i dont think about it all of the time. but i got to my room and stare outside with tears running down my cheeks. my recent grades arent that good either. i dont laugh that much anymore. i do but not much at all. i have a boyfriend and i REALLY like him! he makes me feel good. i talk to him on the phone and i am happy. when i get off i stare into space and cry again. i dont know why. i like never leave my room. please help me. i dont know what is wrong with me, and i wanna be happy again. please HELP!!! thank you for takin the time to read this.
~karen

Old 04-23-2003, 11:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ashlee HB User
Hi, Karen.

Well, with all that's happened in your life lately it's not surprising that you're feeling unhappy. Losing two best friends is a terrible tragedy and you are allowed to be sad and cry and feel hurt, even angry over their deaths.

I've been through a severe depression but at the times when I WASN'T at my worst, I was able to enjoy things like going out with friends or spending time with my horse, etc... But as soon as it was over and I was home again, I would just go to my room and cry... feeling like there was no longer anything to live for. It's not all that uncommon. I know many people who have dealt with depression (my closest friends, my dad) and all have felt this way at times.

So please don't worry yourself to death about what it wrong with you... you have a right to grieve and maybe if you would share what you're feeling with someone (a parent or a friend maybe) you'll feel a whole lot better.

Have you ever considered grief counseling? Just an idea.

Take care of yourself, okay? You shouldn't have to go through this all alone.

Ashlee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2003, 12:57 AM   #3
(female)

QweenyBluEyes HB User
Unhappy

I am the exact same way. I always feel sad, and I find myself just bursting out into tears everyday. Usually when I'm alone. I haven't had such a tragic experience as you.. so I don't really know what my problem is...

Closed Thread